Steam controller will not work. Game will not allow simultaneous mouse and analog joystick inputs

bloodyfingerbloodyfinger Canada Join Date: 2018-04-28 Member: 240397Members
So I've tested this extensively and if you are using the right trackpad as a mouse on the steam controller, it disables the analog joystick and the analog shoulder buttons. This is a key feature of the steam controller so I'm wondering if the devs could add support. It used to work but for the last year or so it hasn't. All you need to do is allow analog joystick inputs at the same time as mouse inputs.

Comments

• IrshadIrshad Sri Lanka Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247411Members
    when i use my game pad! it takes wrong key inputs, for example instead of the key <start> it takes <LB> as start button, key <let stick> = <RT> like that wrong button, so please kindly requesting to check and fix it, i have tried to change the console from Xbox to PS4 ! nothing solves!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I'd look into other workarounds like vJoy or similar. Might be a few in my signature.
  • jmb123jmb123 kansas city Join Date: 2019-01-07 Member: 248296Members
    Hey there,
    I am very new to the controller but I'm using right pad as the mouse and I've set the joystick to directional pad bound to WADS - I think it works really well, but can you explain why you want it to be set as an analog joystick? Would that potentially give better control over your player's speed? And the analog shoulder buttons? What are you wanting to bind those buttons to?