Better subtitles

SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
Idk, maybe I'm being a presumptuous twit who is asking for something that is more complicated to implement than I actually realize. I honestly do believe though, that there ought be an option for more detailed subtitles. As in, subtitles for environmental and creature sounds, not just voiced dialogue - i.e "Reaper roar" or "Peeper chirping" or "Heat vent erupting". It would be super helpful to people with impaired hearing, to not get constantly caught off guard by bumping into volcanoes, Reapers and other nasty things.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    SilkSpider wrote: »
    Idk, maybe I'm being a presumptuous twit who is asking for something that is more complicated to implement than I actually realize. I honestly do believe though, that there ought be an option for more detailed subtitles. As in, subtitles for environmental and creature sounds, not just voiced dialogue - i.e "Reaper roar" or "Peeper chirping" or "Heat vent erupting". It would be super helpful to people with impaired hearing, to not get constantly caught off guard by bumping into volcanoes, Reapers and other nasty things.

Oh, so you mean similar to Portal 2 and such where there was the Dialogue Only Subtitles and Captioning for all events? I would like that, and it would help out those with hearing disabilities know when a reaper is near and such. I also just like to play with those subtitles on.
  • Noah1955Noah1955 Wisconsin Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219780Members
    Didn't they already make the subtitles A LOT better?
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Noah1955 wrote: »

They're all Dialogue. This thread is asking for ones involving other actions, like "[Seamoth Disembark]" or "[Precursor Terminal Bleeps]"
  • SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
    edited December 2018
    Noah1955 wrote: »

They're all Dialogue. This thread is asking for ones involving other actions, like "[Seamoth Disembark]" or "[Precursor Terminal Bleeps]"

Precisely. It would be a nice thing for my friend who loves this game, but suffers from profound hearing loss, and therefore suffers a lot of sudden deaths. Mostly courtesy of Reapers since she can't hear their distant roars.
  • SilkSpiderSilkSpider Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223305Members
    Nothing? Okay, then...