Can spectators get a alien/human movement systems as an option?

shadowpikachushadowpikachu Your basement Join Date: 2014-06-26 Member: 196993Members Posts: 6 Fully active user
I mean, imagine practicing around the map as a non-existant skulk or getting more natural playerlike angles with the marine pack without having the one you are looking at die and dictate the camera.

It's mostly for fun and something to waste time into while waiting, but it'd be fun none-the-less.

Optionally let spectators see eachothers ghosts for silly unseen playfulness, optionally meaning you can turn it off
KasharicThe_Welsh_WizardNordicVetinariskav2

Comments

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 923 Advanced user
    Actually a good idea imo. Especially for custom maps I'd like to look around the map without getting annoyed by other players.

For Halloween they could be ghosts spooking through the map :tongue:
    return to zero
    KasharicThe_Welsh_WizardIeptBarakatNordic
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 752 Advanced user
    In that regard, I always wanted the option to exclude yourself from pre game mode since it was implemented.
    Vetinari
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,661 Advanced user
    I can imagine some really cool screenshots of ghosts stalking marines
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,078 Advanced user
    :O Players in deathcam should be able to see spectators as ghost models :blush:
    Nordic
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 317 Advanced user
    Optionally let spectators see eachothers ghosts for silly unseen playfulness, optionally meaning you can turn it off

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1531233836
    pSyk0mAnVetinariSquishpokePOOPFACE
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,576 Advanced user
    @Nintendows

Hellz yea
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    Nintendows