[Bug] Game Crashing at random intervals and saves/loads taking 2-3 minutes [59963]

tris2ntris2n United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239724Members
edited April 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I started a new save last week. After about 9-10 hours into the game I noticed the occasional crash to desktop, saves and loads were also taking longer and longer. I am now getting quite regular crashes to desktop (no errors, just a brief lock up before hand) and saves/loads are now taking 2-3 minutes to complete.

I have uploaded the latest dxdiag and crash logs here - let me know if you have any trouble viewng them. I have the logs from other crashes as well if needed.

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    I used to have this same problem, and I found no simple way to fix it. I just upgraded my PC and it stopped.
  • tris2ntris2n United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-04-02 Member: 239724Members
    My PC is already at the higher end, spec wise, e.g. decent CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX1080 graphics card, etc. so it's not really an option for me but thanks for the response, appreciated.

Out of interest does anyone know if the devs/support team respond to these posts or is this a user support forum only? I've also submitted using F8 but wasn't wure which avenue was best to get a resolution.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    edited April 2018
    tris2n wrote: »
    My PC is already at the higher end, spec wise, e.g. decent CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX1080 graphics card, etc. so it's not really an option for me but thanks for the response, appreciated.

Out of interest does anyone know if the devs/support team respond to these posts or is this a user support forum only? I've also submitted using F8 but wasn't wure which avenue was best to get a resolution.

They sometimes respond, depends on if they're not busy.

(So like only a 10% chance they will.)
    Thanks again. Fingers crossed then :)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Switching to SSDs help massively.
    Already running on an SSD :)
    I have tried opening up my firewall and AV to allow subnautica and I've tried starting a new game but that also kept crashing.

I notice a few others are reporting similar issues so hopefully the devs will investigate and resolve for all. Until then I will have to stop playing as the issues I have are making it unplayable, especially the random crashes.