Constant crash after loading

SadBobSadBob United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238532Members
edited March 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I'm using the experimental channel, but have also seen this same issue with a save on the 1.0 version from January. Current issue seen in the cave with the Degasi base, previously I saw it on Aurora.

I load the game, it plays fine for a while until I go to a certain location. For example, I try to exit the cave, either by going straight up over the Degasi base, or towards the other exit by the smaller base in the same cave. Then it freezes. Nothing in the game_output.txt, just a freeze, then "Subnautica has stopped responding" Windows pop-up.

Plays absolutely fine until I go to a different area, so I think it's something to do with loading / saving of a map region. The areas which cause the crash are ones which I've been to before.

I wonder if this is caused by running out of memory? Before launching, I'm using about 40% RAM (1.6GB of 4GB physical). When I load Subnautica, this goes to ~80%, another 1.5GB of RAM. So I wonder if it's either running out, or just causing some paging at the wrong time?

Update: I managed to work around this by committing suicide (asphyxiation). I then went back to the cave to retrieve my seamoth, and was able to leave the cave normally.

Maybe there was something about it being my first time in the cave...I got a lot of new blueprints, PDAs etc. No idea why this would be relevant, but subsequent visits seemed okay.

Comments

• SadBobSadBob United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238532Members
    Update: I don't think it's an out of memory problem. I installed another 4GB of RAM, bringing the total to 8GB, but it made no difference. I went back to the save that exhibits this problem, and it still happens.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Post your output_log.txt file and dxdiag output
  • DrMacintoshDrMacintosh United States Join Date: 2018-03-06 Member: 238648Members
    I seem to be crashing randomly and without reason. The game hangs, screens go black, game crashes, drivers restart and I get kicked back to my desktop. Not really related but I have to post once before I can make a new topic.