[Bug] Strange Black Box [XB1]

SgtRafen072SgtRafen072 Join Date: 2018-02-01 Member: 236492Members
While playing, this strange black box will appear right over a neon colored creature. It has so far happened only to the jelly ray, Ghost Ray, and Ghost Leviathan. Almost as if the game is having problems rendering the creature.

Here is a picture of what appears on my screen.
7BA27G0.jpg

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Xbox does this too. Not sure what it is. Something with AMD graphics cards? (XB1 & PS4 is AMD graphics)
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    It could be an item. Many plant items have no entity textures. Once dropped, they'll just look like black boxes. And I've heard cases of camera-drones become enormous once deployed, and so maybe that can also happen to some item entities; and so a black box from a dropped item simply got enlarged by a bug.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited February 2018
    I don't think what they're describing could be confused with a dropped item, as items don't swim around. No, it seems like it is having trouble loading certain graphics.

Odd note on the picture given - there is a bit of green on the tail showing behind the black box, indicating it may be infected. This is the only difference between it and the Jelly ray that is working. This can't be the true cause, since leviathans don't get infected. Does xbox1/unity combination have some problem when a graphic entity is too complex?
  • thesignofvictory93thesignofvictory93 United States Join Date: 2018-02-08 Member: 237152Members
    I get the same thing, usually only when I use the sea moth and the box dances around the whole screen.
  • draconimusdraconimus Join Date: 2018-08-05 Member: 242686Members
    edited August 2018
    It has happened to me aswell on my Xbox, I have a few alien containment tanks stacked on top of eachother and I hatched a few jelly rays but they all had the black box, even when I took them out and released them into the wild, so I ended up killing them and moving their body into a cave so I could see what I was doing with giant black boxes in my base... but now it’s dtarted to do it randomly anywhere jellyrays or not, but it’s now purple and green too
    R.I.P: PB, Jay and Ray
  • draconimusdraconimus Join Date: 2018-08-05 Member: 242686Members
    Side note- if you find a way to fix this please do tell as I do still want jelly rays in my tank, and I think it’s a bug with the infected model as I haven’t yet cure the caraar or however you spell it
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Members
    @draconimus , @thesignofvictory93 , @SgtRafen072 try to turn of bloom in the graphics settings, tell me if it works