[BUG] VR Recentering BUG in vehicle bay/cyclops camera

bfy184bfy184 Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221813Members
Current game version 1.0 using HTC vive
When building any vehicle in vehicle bay, the moment hitting craft button somehow make your VR recenter to the direction you face(which is impossible to be straight forward), this will cause later on entering any vehicle, you will be facing a totally wrong direction which is very anoying for VR seated gameplay.

Same situation happens when you enter scanner room camera/cyclops external camera, clicking those buttons should not trigger a re-center in VR.

Also there is no in-game recenter button, cause this issue even more anoying thus make the game unplayable in VR.

Steps to reproduce:
1.Use HTC Vive, take a sit
2. go in free game version
3. enter a vehicle, confirm you are facing the right direction after entering
4. craft any vehicle in vehicle bay
5. enter any vehicle again, now notice you are facing wrong direction, need to move your chair or recenter

an even mote anoying reproduce:
1.enter cyclops and drive it, make sure you are facing correct direction on the seat
2.enter external camera
3.switch back to dring mode, now you are 90 degree away from where you should face
4. try again

I've seen this bug since VR mode launched, expecting it to be fixed by 1.0 so I can actually play in VR, but still didn't happen, please fix devs~ thanks!!!!

Comments

• vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    Not a fix, but a work-around: pressing F2 recenters the view. Now, you have to find/feel where the F2 key is through the headset, which is another story :)
  • bfy184bfy184 Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221813Members
    vpelletier wrote: »
    Not a fix, but a work-around: pressing F2 recenters the view. Now, you have to find/feel where the F2 key is through the headset, which is another story :)

emmm, is it possible to make that button attached to any controller combination or maybe simply hold menu/select button for 5 seconds or something like that? :P
  • vpelletiervpelletier Join Date: 2018-01-10 Member: 234944Members
    With subnautica alone, and excluding any immediate UW-side development (they said they will patch VR after release, so I keep my hopes up), I don't think so. But maybe it can be possible via programs which read button presses and trigger key events. I did not search myself, as I just turn to compensate.

Something else I found, which is really a poor man's solution: ladders also recenter the view, so when I want to recenter, I leave the driving wheel, climb the nearest ladder down, turn back into position, turn avatar so he faces the ladder, and climb up again. But sometimes the arms, visible when holding the wheel, are very messed up. That's cosmetic only, though, it works fine.
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Vancouver, BC Join Date: 2018-01-30 Member: 236237Members
    Yes, F2 is the only option presently. Since I use k&M for playing subnautica in VR, I have the keyboard nearly memorized now...so I just feel where F2 is on the keyboard and press without any distraction from playing. It takes a bit of time to get use to...but since I have been playing K&M for decades it feels natural to me.

If using a controller (have tried), it would mean peeking to see where the KB is...which then would distract from gameplay. I have also tried keeping the KB on my lap (playing seated position) while using a controller and that helped a bit...also helped with using extra buttons while using a controller...but ultimately went back to K&M afterwards due to ease of access for myself.