So... Subnautica is launching what's next?

sharnrocksharnrock Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166084Members Posts: 209 Advanced user
NATURAL SELECTION 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Please make my dreams come true.

Congrats, btw to the devs.
Kouji_SanIeptBarakat.trixX.VetinaricooliticSaffron_baker

Comments

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 491 Advanced user
    its not going to be NS3, not yet I don't think... UWE probably have a lot of ideas they want to explore at the moment... I don't know why, but I kind of expect some battleground style game, because every other company is trying their hand at it and subnautica came when every other company was dipping their toe in the survival genre.
    Meph isn't an NSL admin anymore!

#blameHefty
    Archie
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 3,441 mod
    edited January 23
    Kasharic wrote: »
    its not going to be NS3, not yet I don't think... UWE probably have a lot of ideas they want to explore at the moment... I don't know why, but I kind of expect some battleground style game, because every other company is trying their hand at it and subnautica came when every other company was dipping their toe in the survival genre.

Subnautica: Battlegrounds

[edit] or perhaps Zen of Sudoku: Battlegrounds
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,047 Advanced user
    edited January 23
    Mouse wrote: »
    Kasharic wrote: »

Subnautica: Battlegrounds

Oh my god, has nobody done underwater battleroyale yet?? Goldmine idea right here folks.
    coolitic
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,244 Advanced user
    Hey I'm up for it, but I'd rather see those kind of games without that third person peeking :/

Guardian of the "magic cookiejar" AdminModerator

Existence Unknown

Retired forum Admin, I mostly used a flamethrower tank for disputes... Mostly
    Retired EUPT Deputy | Moral Support | Squad 5 Blue
    102 1HP Skulk escapes and counting | Play the Latest Version of Booster Z-Frame
    YouTube NS2 Playlists: Unusual Selection | NS2 Stuff | NS2PT | NS2 Tuts

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,362 Advanced user
    Maybe they will take another shot at Future Perfect or what it's called.
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

Check out my new Balance Mod
    coolitic
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members Posts: 1,672 Advanced user
    Vetinari wrote: »

Would likely resonate with SN fans.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 2,638 Advanced user

Then we can build our own NS3, with lerk lift and devour.
    .trixX.coolitic
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,461 Advanced user
    edited January 24
    What's next? UWE will get purchased by Valve and the UWE team would make Half Life 3: Natural Selection merging the two universes.
    Post edited by Nordic on
    When you aim for perfect balance, you discover it's a moving target.
    Perfect balance is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellent gameplay.
    NS2 is a moving, breathing thing. We have to be willing to constantly evolve. Perfect balance is constant transformation.
    SquishpokePOOPFACESupaFredcooliticantou
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,534 Advanced user
    edited January 24
    I just want a game where I can shoot a fish out of a fish gun, and anything the fish hits causes the object to explode into hundreds of other fishes, which causes a chain reaction of fish explosions until my computer crashes.

$15 on steam
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 824 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    What's next? UWE will get purchased by purchased by Valve and the UWE team would make Half Life 3: Natural Selection merging the two universes.

I said this a lot before and will continue to say that ns3 will be a half life 3 mod with ns3_hera as launchmap
    return to zero
    coolitic
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,759 admin
    Sorry guys. None of us know what Charlie has planned for the next game (perhaps not even Charlie, yet. ;) ), but all we know is that it is most certainly NOT NS3.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,461 Advanced user
    NS3 confirmed for a Fall 2029 release. :smiley:
    Perfect balance is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellent gameplay.
    NS2 is a moving, breathing thing. We have to be willing to constantly evolve. Perfect balance is constant transformation.
    coolitic
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Posts: 3,362 Advanced user
    Guys, I figured out the solution.

The correct answer is: "I'm playing the fuck out of Subnautica."
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Sorry guys. None of us know what Charlie has planned for the next game (perhaps not even Charlie, yet. ;) ), but all we know is that it is most certainly NOT NS3.

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate how awesome it is that you guys skip the whole "second sequel" problem many games have by going straight for NS4. I'm sure it will be great.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands, Hoogezand Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue Posts: 15,244 Advanced user
    No NS3, HL3 confirmed?

\o/

Existence Unknown

cooliticVert^
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester Posts: 824 Advanced user
    Guys, I figured out the solution.

The correct answer is: "I'm playing the fuck out of Subnautica."
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate how awesome it is that you guys skip the whole "second sequel" problem many games have by going straight for NS4. I'm sure it will be great.

Oh so like microsoft with windows 10
    return to zero
    Vetinaricoolitic
    So 2039 then.
    The_Welsh_Wizard
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 622 Advanced user
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Sorry guys, no NS3 on the horizon. Playing Subnautica *may* give you a glimpse into some more NS-Universe lore though.

Well I can read lore in a wiki article, but I can't play NS3 in a wiki article.
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Sorry guys, no NS3 on the horizon. Playing Subnautica *may* give you a glimpse into some more NS-Universe lore though.

Well I can read lore in a wiki article, but I can't play NS3 in a wiki article.

Hmm, maybe their next game is going to be one of the VERY oldschool BBS text adventures

Existence Unknown

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver Posts: 4,378 Advanced user
    Perhaps after finding the kharaa in SN and fighting it in NS/NS2, they finally get around to making that big PG they wanted in the first place.
    Onwards to the next whatever they will screw up?
    NS2
    Old/resigned Dutch Translation Lead. Give feedback about the translation, or help improve by clicking: Current NS2 Dutch translation project. Dutch players apply!
    NS2 Server Maintenance Manual
    WorkshopBackup Manual (WSB Server)
    Ingame: DCDarkling
    'DCDs Steam Workshop', for your NS2 X-Hairs and Viewmodel Weapon mods
    Viewmodels are the ones you hold in your hand, not the one shown in the world!

Old NS2 Stuff:
    Marine Commander Guide NS2
    Alien Commander Guide NS2
    NS2 Mentor Program
    Old NS1 stuff:
    'Infested Pack v0.6' for models & props
    Darklings Guide to Commanding Version 1.001
    Perhaps after finding the kharaa in SN and fighting it in NS/NS2, they finally get around to making that big PG they wanted in the first place.

...hm, now I kinda want a Natural Selection 4X strategy game. Or at least some kind of strategy games based around these giant phase gates and expanding into the galaxy.

SupaFredSoul_Rider
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Posts: 3,441 mod

Maybe there'll be a fan sequel: Perfect Creation
    -/AUS/- PS_Mouse
    edited January 26
    Mouse wrote: »

Maybe there'll be a fan sequel: Perfect Creation

I'm sure you also remember we did indeed have an "Intelligent Design" mod concept, made waaaay back by some of our community members!

--> NS's third race? :D

Existence Unknown

Mouse
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 128 Advanced user
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Now wait a second, how could you even have a third race? It's not like you can just switch your team's race...
    Nintendows wrote: »

Now wait a second, how could you even have a third race? It's not like you can just switch your team's race...

SPACE ORKS

Existence Unknown

IeptBarakat
    Nintendows wrote: »

SPACE ORKS

Mac Uprising.

• Vert^Vert^ Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181227Members Posts: 202 Advanced user
    Babbler Tower Defense confirmed, got it.
    Currently creating the custom map, ns2_prison. Drop by the forum thread to leave feedback, thank you! #Lastest build update: 28/01-2018

SWS DM map: ns2_sws_cube - forum thread.
    Vert^ wrote: »
    Babbler Tower Defense confirmed, got it.

New mod idea right here