Renaming beacons

zdszds Finland Join Date: 2017-08-08 Member: 232317Members
Hi there,

is there any way to rename beacons remotely?

I need to switch from VR mode to monitor mode to use keyboard, so I cannot label the beacons as I drop them.

Comments

• JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    As far as I know, all the things you can name have to be done directly. It would be a good addition to be able to rename Beacons from the Ping Tab of the PDA.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    Ya it's pretty lame you can't rename beacons in VR. I should be able to use the keyboard...but it doesn't work till I exit and restart in desktop mode.
  • zdszds Finland Join Date: 2017-08-08 Member: 232317Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    As far as I know, all the things you can name have to be done directly. It would be a good addition to be able to rename Beacons from the Ping Tab of the PDA.

Thanks!

And yes, it would. I often drop beacons to places I find important but cannot inspect further because I am not properly equipped right now. These places tend to be too dangerous for me wanting to save and hang around long enough to switch game mode and label the drops.
  • DjayveDjayve France Join Date: 2017-11-27 Member: 234145Members
    Hi everyone,
    Have you heard of any improvment on th renaming of th beacon in VR mode? it works for the seamoth and Cyclop but not for beacon.
    Do you know if we can contact the developpers?