Depth Progression

RebmesRebmes Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230074Members
It seems that above 300m depth, I can literally get every material in the game. There are many amazing biomes and zones down below, and they are hard to access, but they don't yield any new materials, so I never actually ended up going there. Motivate me and other players who won't simply risk their character's life and ship to venture to these dangerous places, for lore and visual exploration alone!

When I get my Seamoth upgrade from 200m to 300m max depth, it makes a huge difference! I can access new wrecks, and new materials which I need to progress! But a few minutes later when I get it to 900m, it makes no difference to me, since I don't feel like I'll gain much by going down there.

My suggestion is moot if another tech tier is in the works, but otherwise, it might be nice to spread out the resources in the game to create a need to go deeper.

Comments

• Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    edited November 2017
    You can't complete the story without going to the PCF. That is one reason you go down there. If you don't care about the story, than why are you complaining about something to motivate you?
  • KurasuKurasu Join Date: 2017-06-24 Member: 231322Members
    There are plenty of resources below that level that you need. Nickle. Sulphur. Kyanite. Deep shrooms. Gel sacks (unless there are still some in the crash zone that I just haven't come across). Blood oil. Uraninite, Magnetite, and Rubies (in any amount other than 'trace'). Sure you can cultivate the plant ones above 300m (and I usually have a 'main base' with a couple plants of each) but not the others.

To *some* extent I don't mind spreading the resources out, but I wouldn't want to have to be locked to a single area for *every single resource*. I prefer it as it is now: some resources are vastly more common in some areas than others, some are limited to specific areas, some are all over the place. Hell, there's some I wouldn't mind being *more* ubiquitous (table coral, anyone?).
  • justi18562justi18562 Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228386Members
    I'm sorry what, Rubies?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    They mean Aluminium Oxide Crystals. Since they were renamed rubies
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Kurasu wrote: »
    There are plenty of resources below that level that you need. Nickle. Sulphur. Kyanite. Deep shrooms. Gel sacks (unless there are still some in the crash zone that I just haven't come across). Blood oil. Uraninite, Magnetite, and Rubies (in any amount other than 'trace'). Sure you can cultivate the plant ones above 300m (and I usually have a 'main base' with a couple plants of each) but not the others.

To *some* extent I don't mind spreading the resources out, but I wouldn't want to have to be locked to a single area for *every single resource*. I prefer it as it is now: some resources are vastly more common in some areas than others, some are limited to specific areas, some are all over the place. Hell, there's some I wouldn't mind being *more* ubiquitous (table coral, anyone?).

Table Coral can be found in the LR now, and Gel Sacs are... I'm not sure where they are exactly, but there are some in the GR, and I think I've seen some in Kelp Forest caves.
    I'm aware there's tons of gel sacs in the LR, Blood Kelp, and in the deep grand reef. There used to be a couple in the trench around the Aurora and I swear someone told me there were some in the shallows, though I never found any.

I can't immediately think of any that are above 300 meters if they've been removed from the trench.
  • RebmesRebmes Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230074Members
    I must reiterate - within minutes of upgrading my Seamoth's max depth from 200m to 300m, MINUTES, I had Uranium and Rubies and Gel Sacks and Magnetite, in plentiful amounts. I know deep shrooms won't be hard to find. The only things I would venture into dangerous territory to acquire at this point, crafting wise, are Crystalline Sulphur, and Nickel - and I'm eons away from being able to craft the 3 items they are needed for.

The story is motivating me to proceed, and I might be collecting seeds and plants for a garden, but the crafting progression has a big gap at this point.
    Where is it that you were gathering all these things?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Maybe he's using a Rebreather, SeaGlide, and Ultra High Capacity O2 tank and diving down from a parked Seamoth @300m?
  • RebmesRebmes Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230074Members
    edited November 2017
    I found gel sacks at about 200m actually, south-south-west along the shelf between deep and very deep, near the big wreck there. I didn't even have my 300 upgrade yet, so I couldn't reach the wreck comfortably, but I found some gel sacks just above it. I also found Rubies above 200m, when hunting down Shale for diamonds and such, east of that particular spot, along the cliffs. Uraninite I found in the mountains where I also found Magnetite; this past 200m but not past 300m.
    Diamonds are pretty easy: the mushroom forest has tons of shale now. I didn't doubt for a moment that finding that would be difficult; you can find those at *well* above 200m.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Kurasu wrote: »
    I'm aware there's tons of gel sacs in the LR, Blood Kelp, and in the deep grand reef. There used to be a couple in the trench around the Aurora and I swear someone told me there were some in the shallows, though I never found any.

I can't immediately think of any that are above 300 meters if they've been removed from the trench.

I misspoke-- I meant Creepvine Forest cave systems. I couldn't testify under oath with certainty about it, though.