Gorge Web Ball ability

MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Replace the current web ability with a triggerable web ball.
On the first click, the gorge launches a ball of web (the same size as the bait ball), then on the second click the ball bursts and webs are strung between all of the surfaces within a large sphere.
It will also trigger when it hits a marine or marine structure, spreading webs everywhere as usual. It doesn't trigger when it lands, it instead lies there waiting to be triggered, after a while it'll expire and disappear.
Two ways this web ball could be used:
1. Launch the ball, then trigger it while it's still mid-air to quickly fill a hallway with webs.
2. Leave the ball on the ground, then trigger it when the marines come get close.

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    Replace the current web ability with a triggerable web ball.
    On the first click, the gorge launches a ball of web (the same size as the bait ball), then on the second click the ball bursts and webs are strung between all of the surfaces within a large sphere.
    It will also trigger when it hits a marine or marine structure, spreading webs everywhere as usual. It doesn't trigger when it lands, it instead lies there waiting to be triggered, after a while it'll expire and disappear.
    Two ways this web ball could be used:
    1. Launch the ball, then trigger it while it's still mid-air to quickly fill a hallway with webs.
    2. Leave the ball on the ground, then trigger it when the marines come get close.

I really like this idea, feel like you can run around the map shooting webs like spider man! *spider gorge
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I want my /stuck command
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Instead of a sphere, why not more of a wall, or circular disc?

Sphere version might be too OP if we're talking instantaneous dispersal.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Irrespective of whether a sphere would be OP, a problem with using a disc or wall is deciding which axis the disc should be on; which way it should face.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    Irrespective of whether a sphere would be OP, a problem with using a disc or wall is deciding which axis the disc should be on; which way it should face.

I'd say perpendicular to the Gorge player's LOS upon activation.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    That'd work well if the gorge triggered it immediately, but the ball can be triggered while the gorge isn't looking at the ball or they're even in another room.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Don't mind me... Just doing a drive by to mention the oddball focus on balls in this game :worried:

Carry on o/
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Don't mind me... Just doing a drive by to mention the oddball focus on balls in this game :worried:
    Gorge Web Spheroid?