Problems with Blueprints/Fragments

QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
So I took an eight month break for school, but after I got an email about the recent update I dove back into the game (pun intended). I use to go to the mountain wrecks to get the plans for the modification station, but with this new save I picked up a few databoxes that told me my data was corrupted and now I can't seem to find any mod station fragments to scan. I checked BK, GR, and Koosh with no luck. Did they move the mod station fragments elsewhere? This is basically the only thing I need to start working on the end game portion. Thanks for any help/tips Subnauticans!

Comments

• AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Qelsar wrote: »
    So I took an eight month break for school, but after I got an email about the recent update I dove back into the game (pun intended). I use to go to the mountain wrecks to get the plans for the modification station, but with this new save I picked up a few databoxes that told me my data was corrupted and now I can't seem to find any mod station fragments to scan. I checked BK, GR, and Koosh with no luck. Did they move the mod station fragments elsewhere? This is basically the only thing I need to start working on the end game portion. Thanks for any help/tips Subnauticans!

Modification Station fragments are located in the Grand Reef, but are more common in the Deep Grand Reef.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    The DEVs appear to be almost constantly tweaking the blueprint locations. It is crazy where I'm now finding stuff. I wouldn't expect an incomplete save from long ago to even remotely work right. I mean... you might have found all the data boxes in a certain location but not another. But it might now be the case that all the unopened data boxes now have stuff you already found, etc, etc.

• QelsarQelsar Lansdowne, MD Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216536Members
    If you can't take your Seamoth into the Grand Reef due to depth constraints, wouldn't it make more sense to put the fragments in the 0-300m range? I guess I'll have to hoof it with the Seaglide and see if I can scrounge up the prints. Thanks for the tips mates!
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    I just found the complete 'Moonpool Modification Station' blueprint in a Tech box along the ocean floor on the way to the Aurora Rendezvous Checkpoint on the Floating Island.
    (in Stable)

If that helps anybody.
    B)
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    They seem to be looking at game progression chokepoints. A couple updates back, people were having trouble locating the mobile vehicle bay, to the point that they had the seamoth, prawn AND cyclops unlocked before the unit that could build them. So they made the bay fragments more common and easier to spot by putting them in cargo boxes more often. Likewise, moonpool fragments are now easier to find, since that was a progression-stopper... unfortunately, they don't seem to have put any pointers out towards finding the vehicle modification station or upgrade workbench, so those still take a lot of random hunting. Might see another lifepod beacon or two pointing near those before release.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    edited September 2017
    Best place for finding Modification Station frags, at least as of last week in Experimental, was in the Bulb Zone wreck (formerly known as the Koosh Zone wreck). Only other place I found 1 was in the Jelly Shroom Cave Degasi base. Need 3 frags total so it wasn't enough.

Easy to explore it with a stock Seamoth wearing the rad suit. To properly explore the wreck, bring the Repair Tool and Laser Cutter. Be sure you've mastered filling and swapping oxygen tanks to get enough endurance without the Rebreather. Can drag and drop them now, so no need for free inventory spots to swap.
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited September 2017
    I could have sworn we could now just click the new tank to swap. I haven't played much since they updated it.
    narfblat wrote: »
    I could have sworn we could now just click the new tank to swap. I haven't played much since they updated it.
    Haven't been on for about a week, but last week in Experimental swapping was dragging from one side of the PDA to the other to swap a lot of things. In a oxygen environment, have to swap all the tanks around to fill them. Your tank swapped into inventory goes in last in the left-to-right top-to-bottom order. So the one you swap out you want to be left and highest.
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    Currently you have to find all three Modification Fragments in one playthrough without quitting and reloading, or dying and reloading. If you reload you lose your fragment progress and have to start over scanning three more fragments. Also, the fragments you did scan previously don't reappear, so if you fail at getting all three fragments at once enough times it may be impossible to do so without cheating.

Although I don't really consider it cheating when a game cheats you out of your enjoyment this regularly.

No idea why the fragments for the modification station aern't on a seabed you can reach without needing to modify your Seamoth. That would seem obvious to me, but I am a scientist....
    JoE_Smash wrote: »
    Currently you have to find all three Modification Fragments in one playthrough without quitting and reloading, or dying and reloading. If you reload you lose your fragment progress and have to start over scanning three more fragments. Also, the fragments you did scan previously don't reappear, so if you fail at getting all three fragments at once enough times it may be impossible to do so without cheating.
    This error only affects some item unlock fragments. I had the 1 Modification Station frag on my PDA from the Degasi Jelly Shroom base through several savegame reloads until I discovered more in the Bulb Zone wreck.

I don't know if the loss-of-frag-progress-on-reload bug is variable between players or constant. In the Experimental versions from last week, I definitely had it on the Seamoth. Another player mentioned they had it on the MVB.
    edited September 2017
    Jacke wrote: »
    This error only affects some item unlock fragments. I had the 1 Modification Station frag on my PDA from the Degasi Jelly Shroom base through several savegame reloads until I discovered more in the Bulb Zone wreck.

I don't know if the loss-of-frag-progress-on-reload bug is variable between players or constant. In the Experimental versions from last week, I definitely had it on the Seamoth. Another player mentioned they had it on the MVB.

I lost the Degasi base fragment due to reloading, then I only found one at the Koosh wreck and then lost that one after reloading due to drowning at the Grand Reef wreck (and yes I saved after the Koosh zone, I always go back to my base and manually save after exploring a zone). Then I found one at that wreck in the Grand Reef, and only had one fragment, despite actually scanning three at this point. So I searched the Grand Reef floor the best I could with a Seamoth that can only go down 300m (I had the upgrade from the Aurora). I couldn't find any even after swimming to the bottom at least 10 times to search. Then I gave up because it was stupid. Why are the fragments on the floor of a zone you can't search without having a modification station to upgrade your Seamoth?

Not fun, just frustrating....

I would put the modification station fragments on the floor of the Jelly Shroom Caves....they are 300m down so ideally you would need to be far enough along in the story to have made a rad suit and searched the Aurora (to get the 300m Seamoth upgrade). Then put the Cyclops engine fragments that are currently found on the floor of The Jelly Shroom cave on the floor of the Grand Reef, because at that point you could have made more upgrades to the Seamoth to search the Grand Reef to finish your Cyclops....
    The Bulb Zone wreck has something like 5 or more Modification Station frags. Take 2 or 3 High Capacity Oxygen Tanks, Seaglide, Repair Tool, and Laser Cutter, park the Seamoth at each wreck entrance in succession, and thoroughly explore the wreck.

Oh, and bring the Propulsion Cannon. There's a PDA *under* a box. It's lower down in the wreck and you may see its glow around the base of the box.
    The Bulb Zone wreck has something like 5 or more Modification Station frags. Take 2 or 3 High Capacity Oxygen Tanks, Seaglide, Repair Tool, and Laser Cutter, park the Seamoth at each wreck entrance in succession, and thoroughly explore the wreck.

Oh, and bring the Propulsion Cannon. There's a PDA *under* a box. It's lower down in the wreck and you may see its glow around the base of the box.

Did you start over after the last update?

If not fragments are random. I found 1 there and I searched everything, had a lazer cutter and a repulsion gun. It was especially fun with the 20 bone sharks and amp eels swimming around the area....

Did you start over after the last update?

If not fragments are random. I found 1 there and I searched everything, had a lazer cutter and a repulsion gun. It was especially fun with the 20 bone sharks and amp eels swimming around the area....
    I started a new Experimental game on Sep 10. And yes, the Bonesharks and the Amp Eels are a pain. I don't think the fragments are random.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    In my last runthrough (Experimental, well after the cuddlefish update), zero drill arm fragments appeared anywhere in the world. After exploring all the wrecks, I actually tried warping to them from the list on the wiki just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. They just never spawned anywhere in the world, unless there were more wrecks that were undocumented. And even if that was so, that is such a vital piece of tech that it should be fairly easy to get, rather then the very last thing possible. Personally, I'd like to see them in the Aurora, alongside the Prawn Suit. Without the drill, the Prawn is useless. When you finally do get it, it makes building a good sized base practical, and takes away much of the tedium in farming copper and silver.
  • NorthernBruceNorthernBruce Canada Join Date: 2017-07-03 Member: 231544Members
    Same experience for me with the drill arm.