Crashfish explosion graphical glitch [FIXED]

baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
edited January 2018 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Experimental build #52768

If a Crashfish chases you and you turn to face it, the explosion will appear to happen right in your face regardless of how far away the Crashfish is when it does explode. (This isn't actually a new bug, but I've honestly kept expecting it to be fixed with each new update for at least a month now. It occurs to me now that maybe the devs aren't aware this is happening.)

Comments

• AstridKAstridK Everywhere Join Date: 2017-08-29 Member: 232722Members
    Eeeejap. I can confirm it. Same here.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I got screenshots from a YT streamer:
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    oYEKw3.gif

RgWnQK.gif

lOALBr.gif

• arcasorarcasor Italy Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218577Members
    I don't know if it's related, but since starting a new game in Experimental I have noticed the crashfish aggro range seems to have ballooned; I have been attacked multiple times by crashfishes while simply swimming in the Safe Shallow, nowhere near a cave; as far as I can tell, it was specifically targeting me, as I took damage from the explosion. Can anyone confirm?
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    arcasor wrote: »
    I don't know if it's related, but since starting a new game in Experimental I have noticed the crashfish aggro range seems to have ballooned; I have been attacked multiple times by crashfishes while simply swimming in the Safe Shallow, nowhere near a cave; as far as I can tell, it was specifically targeting me, as I took damage from the explosion. Can anyone confirm?

I'm not sure if this is related or not. But I've found crash fish in a TON more places in the latest experimental build other than just caves. For example:

1. I've found them in coral tubes.
    2. I've found them under wrecks,
    3. etc.

I kinda wonder if the Developers didn't add them to more places to address complaints from players they couldn't find them.

In any event, yeah, you will hear the sound of them targeting you a TON more now than before. I tend to think it is because there are more of them. But you may be right about the aggro range. I don't know.

• baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    As of Build# 54865 this is still happening.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Happy to report this bug has been slain and the explosions once again appear where they occur.