[BUG] Battery chargers... aren't [FIXED]

baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Experimental build #50065 (which in itself is odd, given that 50061 is the last changeset showing on the changes and checkins page)

Battery chargers do not charge batteries, although they do drain base power.

Batteries stay at 0% but if you use solar power only, you can see at night that base power slowly drains.

Comments

• Terry_McGinnisTerry_McGinnis United States Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231360Members
    Having this problem, atop it I'm also having issues where no source of power (except solar panels) work for my base. D=
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited June 2017
    @Terry_McGinnis It looks like I'm having this same issue too, and on update# 50078-- I just made three thermal reactors and they're all stuck at 0/250. I put a bioreactor in my base, and it increased my energy limit by 500 but then refused to add any power once I filled it. This is extraordinarily game-breaking. I'm gonna file a second report.
  • theprimordialtheprimordial Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231375Members
    Having the same issue. The moonpool doesn't charge the Prawn or Seamoth either, but drains all of my base power within a couple minutes.
  • HeyPalHeyPal Join Date: 2017-06-27 Member: 231389Members
    That's the same way for my base energy and thermal plant and bioreactor are useless, didn't find the nuclear reactor yet so game's stuck until next update :/
    Hope they'll fix it
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Same issue. Heard it is known by the devs too, so it should be fixed in a few days. or two. or one. they're very fast XD.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited June 2017
    Bioreactors/nuclear reactors appear to have been fixed in updates 50131/50132. [EDIT:] I don't know if they are really fixed because I never bother with bioreactors as they are way too slow for the amount of space they take up, but as of 50157 battery chargers still don't charge. So... gotta disagree with you there, @AnomalyDetected, about it getting fixed in a few days. It's already been at least three.

I do hope they fix it soon, because I can only make so many powercells out of dead batteries, and they can't be recharged either.
  • TheOnlyCloudTheOnlyCloud Join Date: 2017-06-28 Member: 231429Members
    As of build 50167 it seems like they fixed the charging stations, at least in my old savegame where they weren't working before they are working now. Haven't tested out if the other power sources are fixed or not.
    Thank goodness (by which I mean the devs)! I'll confirm it and the power cell charger are again WAI later.
    Old news by now, but confirmed both battery charger and power cell charger once again do their jobs. :) Thermal reactors definitely work again.
  • theprimordialtheprimordial Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231375Members
    Looks like the moonpool still doesn't charge the Seamoth and Prawn but still consumes base power infinitely on 50211. Dang.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    we're fixing a number of power issues right now. If you notice any new ones, or ones which are not yet fixed please reply in this thread.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited July 2017
    Obraxis wrote: »
    we're fixing a number of power issues right now. If you notice any new ones, or ones which are not yet fixed please reply in this thread.

I recently made a bug thread about Thermal Plants and Water Filtration Machines. The TL;DR is that before this update, you needed only two TPs to juice a single WFM and not have a net loss of power in the base. After testing I discovered you now need NINE TPs just to get a net gain of power and not brownout the base's power. Is there some bizarre reason why suddenly it needs so much more power now, and why there is no noticable reduction in power loss between two and eight TPs powering a single WFM?

EDIT: The issue with the WFM and TPs seems to have been resolved, or at least the "odd behavior" has been identified. Now it seems that temperature directly correlates with Thermal Plant power output - more heat means faster power gain but minimal heat means terrible output. I'm fine with this change now, but I wish I would have known about said change. But, I would like to see the WFM's power consumption and base weakness factors reduced a bit though.
    OT, but may I just say how awesome it is that the devs respond here? I almost feel like I'm talking to gods, in a way; after all, they created the world I spend so much time in.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    I have a base powered mostly by solar panels, with a single bioreactor for the night. It claims to be active, but at night I see no change in the charge even though (theoretically) there is nothing drawing power. This base has two Alien Containment units, an inactive Water Filtration Machine, a scanning room (not currently scanning), moonpool and the usual fabricators. Has there been a change so that some of these rooms or items now draw power? Or is something strange going on with the bioreactor? They may be slow, but they shouldn't be at zero... It was pegged at 1600 / 1625, which quickly went up when night ended. It seems like it may be an issue where the battery power on the solar panel can't be recharged by the bioreactor. This is on Stable 50032.
    Solar panels can never be recharged by anything but sunlight. No power source can ever be recharged by another one. There's a total power generated, but it's not strictly a pool.
    Pending power issues, just to recap:

- Moonpool does not charge docked vehicles but drains power
    - Cyclops does not charge docked vehicles and does not drain power
    - Neither Moonpool nor Cyclops shows a docked vehicle's power percentage on mouseover
    - Two water filtration machines drain power much faster than double the rate of a single water filtration machine
  • Terry_McGinnisTerry_McGinnis United States Join Date: 2017-06-26 Member: 231360Members
    edited July 2017
    @baronvonsatan Been browsing over and wanted to add another issue (I believe) I've found.

- Batteries (not power cells, haven't tried those) do not charge on the Cyclops. Does not matter if the Cyclops engine is on/off.
    @baronvonsatan Been browsing over and wanted to add another issue (I believe) I've found.

- Batteries (not power cells, haven't tried those) do not charge on the Cyclops. Does not matter if the Cyclops engine is on/off.

Can confirm that this is fixed in Experimental Build#50535.
  • LilBigWheelLilBigWheel Alabama USA Join Date: 2017-07-14 Member: 231826Members
    I was having fun playing this game until I went to look for the "Alien Thermal Plant" and the power sucking things killed my Cyclops and my Prawn suit is stuck inside my cyclops my oxygen capacity is severely lowered from what it was 250-300...now only 60-150 depending on which tank...I can not swim to anywhere that helps or makes sense and I just die every time...this is just GREAT! this seriously makes me now HATE a game I was enjoying because I'm totally stuck in repeat dying mode because my cyclops has no power at 1100m ....how am I supposed to get myself out of this trap?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I was having fun playing this game until I went to look for the "Alien Thermal Plant" and the power sucking things killed my Cyclops and my Prawn suit is stuck inside my cyclops my oxygen capacity is severely lowered from what it was 250-300...now only 60-150 depending on which tank...I can not swim to anywhere that helps or makes sense and I just die every time...this is just GREAT! this seriously makes me now HATE a game I was enjoying because I'm totally stuck in repeat dying mode because my cyclops has no power at 1100m ....how am I supposed to get myself out of this trap?

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands use warpme

None of this is a bug, but while we're here: basically, you overextended yourself. Here's where you went wrong:

- Not killing the Lava Larvae, removing all the power cells, or firing up the handy-dandy shield when they attached themselves.
    - Not carrying spare power cells.
    - Not constructing a base in the ILZ.
    - Exploring that far without crafting at least one Ultra-High Capacity O2 tank (please tell me you have a modification station?).

Your only hope is to follow @0x6A7232 's suggestion and use warpme, then rectify all of these errors.