Can I destroy medkits/other dropped items?

OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
If you read the title, you probably guessed what's the problem. My Cyclops is stuck on something in open water, presumably a medkit. I can't find it even in freecam mode, so I can't pick it up. Is there a way (command?) to destroy item drops? And if there isn't, is there anyway for me to free my Cyclops?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If it's a random bit of terrain, you could try the dig command.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    If it's a random bit of terrain, you could try the dig command.

As I said, it's most likely a medkit. There's literally no terrain in 10m radius. Checked w/ freecam. I just can't find the stupid medkit.
    I could always use "destroycyclops" and spawn a new one but I'd rather free it from the situation. It's my primary base, my double "normal" base acting only as a maintenance station for the smaller vehicles (all my crafting stations are in the cyclops, too)
    Try different angles with freecam, if you look at a medkit edge-on, you can't really see it as it doesn't have any width. Also it might be obscured by the hull. Umm... not sure where free-floating medkits are stored, but if it's in CellsCache, clearing the CellsCache file for the sector you're in should do the trick.
    Try different angles with freecam, if you look at a medkit edge-on, you can't really see it as it doesn't have any width. Also it might be obscured by the hull. Umm... not sure where free-floating medkits are stored, but if it's in CellsCache, clearing the CellsCache file for the sector you're in should do the trick.

I've went inside the hull and looked from basically all imagineable angles. Isn't clearing the cache the thing that causes wrecks to double-spawn?
    edited May 2017
    Ojakokko wrote: »

I've went inside the hull and looked from basically all imagineable angles. Isn't clearing the cache the thing that causes wrecks to double-spawn?

Quite the opposite, actually, it clears wreck duplicates from your saved game file; however, it can cause the game to hitch while it loads new copies from /Batch18/CellsCache, and hitching (stuttering while loading stuff in) does seem to cause wreck duplication. :D