Human Skeletons

CronanDarkGamerYTCronanDarkGamerYT Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230086Members
Maybe being able to find the remains of the other humans... like their skeletons... it wont do anything... itd be there for looks but would add alot more to the game

Comments

• Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    This has come up a few times. It's probably not going to happen, what with the game's rating. Rating boards frown on human remains and tend to jack up the ratings accordingly.
  • ArexLimeArexLime Somewhere Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230307Members
    Plus the bodies would of been eaten or blown up from the aurora explosion, so no need.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    It has been brought up before, but for the sake of answering the question completely, here's the reason we're not going to see it outside of a mod: E10. The rating that UWE wants for Subnautica is pretty restrictive in some ways - it's why the fish have yellow blood, for example - and human remains are definitely out.
  • hellrayn3hellrayn3 Uk Join Date: 2017-05-20 Member: 230628Members
    No poop for fertiliser then :D
  • CronanDarkGamerYTCronanDarkGamerYT Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230086Members
    It has been brought up before, but for the sake of answering the question completely, here's the reason we're not going to see it outside of a mod: E10. The rating that UWE wants for Subnautica is pretty restrictive in some ways - it's why the fish have yellow blood, for example - and human remains are definitely out.

Blood is blood... yellowblood is still blood... our blood is red cause of its chemcial makeup... other chemical makeups r other colors... so dont use that as an excuse
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited May 2017

Blood is blood... yellowblood is still blood... so dont use that as an excuse
    It's not an excuse, it's ESRB.
    I'm pretty sure scifi is not a part of ESRB.
    BNp4Ebv.png
    "yellowblood" is not considered scary or anything because I mean it's yellow. Pinkblood is not scary either is it?
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members

Blood is blood... yellowblood is still blood... our blood is red cause of its chemcial makeup... other chemical makeups r other colors... so dont use that as an excuse

It's not an excuse; it's a common workaround for developers. Zombies? Give them green blood. Aliens? Um...yellow. Klingons? Fuchsia. Basically, any color other than red is fine by the censors for E10 and T ratings. Once you get to M, the shackles are off, but below that line, sometimes they need to mess with the colors to get around the restrictions.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    nesrak1 wrote: »

Blood is blood... yellowblood is still blood... so dont use that as an excuse
    It's not an excuse, it's ESRB.
    I'm pretty sure scifi is not a part of ESRB.
    BNp4Ebv.png
    "yellowblood" is not considered scary or anything because I mean it's yellow. Pinkblood is not scary either is it?

I submit to you, colourblind people...
  • CronanDarkGamerYTCronanDarkGamerYT Join Date: 2017-04-28 Member: 230086Members
    Yall know that there r other colored blooded animals on our planet? Some have green... some yellow... some red... ect
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2017
    Yall know that there r other colored blooded animals on our planet? Some have green... some yellow... some red... ect

True, but that doesn't matter in this case now does it. UWE wants Subnautica to have a rating of ESRB: EVERYONE 10+ and with that rating come certain rules, as expected :)

ratingsymbol_e10.png
    "Content is generally suitable for ages 10 and up. May contain more cartoon, fantasy or mild violence, mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes."

So blood aside, a bit of a cartoon skeleton could be acceptable methinks...
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    yeah I seen rated E 10+ games with dead skeletons. But I still would perfer not skeletons at all.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Yeah, the thing about skeletons that movies get wrong? Without the soft connective tissue bits, they tend to fall apart. Like nothing holds a rib cage together without the soft tissue, so if scavengers picked a body clean the skeleton would be scattered bones.

I mean there MIGHT be a skull we can find but honestly, I don't think it's necessary. I mean... Okay, personal experience.

When I was exploring, I found a sign from the Aurora's mess hall, showing what was on the menu. And I just paused, because I immediately imagined my character just looking at that and thinking "... Man, Phil always hated the ship's mac and cheese..."

Now, this is a personal preference thing, but I think that they can get by without visible human remains... But just with signs that people lived on that ship, and now they're all gone.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2017
    Ermahgerd skelingtuns!

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    No! Bad fo- the following account has been banned by Foxy
    No! Bad fo- the following account has been banned by Foxy

• nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    Foxy wrote: »
    Ermahgerd skelingtuns!

I found this in the comments