[BUG Major] Survival knife can cause a hull breach on base structures

mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
It appears as though the survival knife is dealing ridiculous amounts of damage to base structures. I discovered this bug while harvesting plant samples because when i miss the plant (this happens often because the targeting of the knife needs to be fixed to enable harvesting of plants slightly above and below the players level) and the knife strikes a wall there is hull breech and flooding after only 2 hits. I dont know about you but my sanity check alarm is going off right about now as a simple knife wielded by a human of average strength would never be capable of putting a hole in a reinforced structure. You could possibly crack a window but due to the thickness required for dealing with the water pressure, it would take quite a long time before you would deal enough damage to even crack it let alone get to the point of a hull breach. This cannot in any way shape or form be justified as a legitimate game mechanic so it must be a bug right ?

Comments

• garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    I tried crashing my Seamoth into my base repeatedly until it blew up. It didn't leave a scratch on my base. So, yeah, a knife doing base damage is a huge, huge bug.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    Mmmm, now that you mension it, the knife bug needs to be fixed, BUT, crashing a vehicle to the base should do damage, a great deal of it IMO
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    Mmmm, now that you mension it, the knife bug needs to be fixed, BUT, crashing a vehicle to the base should do damage, a great deal of it IMO

I've just found out, it does, and a lot. Park the Cyclops with caution!!
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members

I've just found out, it does, and a lot. Park the Cyclops with caution!!

Cyclops crashing into your base has always caused base damage. Also, the PRAWN has always been able to cause base damage. But you can ram your Seamoth into the base repeatedly starting from full health until it is destroyed but still do no damage to your base. That seems a bit off versus maybe two survival knife hits causing flooding.