Option to turn off base lights?

ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
I'd love to see a way to turn off the inside lights of a seabase, like you can the Cyclops. It would be easier to see out at night, or in places like the Active Lava Zone or the Jellyshroom Caves. Seeing the environments is one of the great things about the bases (and the game), and that would make it better.

Comments

• ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
  • SlinkySlim666SlinkySlim666 Panama City, Florida Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228333Members
    I've been wanting this since I started playing the game. I agree completely. There needs to be a light switch function.
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    I suggest going a step further and allowing modules themselves to be powered down I mean if you're having power issues you should be able to just close the bulkhead and shut down a module to preserve power
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    mikeloeven wrote: »
    I suggest going a step further and allowing modules themselves to be powered down I mean if you're having power issues you should be able to just close the bulkhead and shut down a module to preserve power

Like certain appliances that are 'always on' such as the Water Filtration Machine or the First Aid Dispenser - the only to stop their consumption is to deconstruct them. Which if you must do so, rebuilding them resets their timers and forces you to wait even longer.

The Batter Charger and Power Cell Charger can have their contents removed, but there is a custom display on the LED panel regarding "insufficient power" if power levels drop. If they have custom displays for such occasions, then they should have an Off function also.

Then there's the instance if your base is unpowered or demand outstrips supply: the power shuts off naturally. So it's already coded for the lights to be off internally, they just need a way to toggle this manually. I for one would love this feature, either for a practical function to reduce power consumption or for aesthetics cuz it just looks so dang COOL! :sunglasses: