Stuck At Loading Screen

AlexanderCapriAlexanderCapri US Join Date: 2017-03-27 Member: 229233Members
I got pretty far into the game and logged out as normal. When I try to log back in i get loading screen for hours. I let it sit for 4 hours one time and it was just constantly loading. The only way it seems to fix it is to just start a new game, which i really dont want to do for the third time just to fix the game. I tried trouble shooting it, clearing game cache, reinstalling, lowering visual setting and still nothing. This is a fun game for me and id hate to just drop it. Any help would be amazing. thank you.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    DId you try running a chkdsk on the drive Subnautica is installed to?
  • AlexanderCapriAlexanderCapri US Join Date: 2017-03-27 Member: 229233Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    DId you try running a chkdsk on the drive Subnautica is installed to?

I just did and it said no errors found. When i try to load the game the loading number just keeps climbing. I think the highest i went without giving up was around 300,000
    it said "3 failed to validate and will be reacquired" when i verify integrity of game files through steam.
  • MoralisMoralis Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226609Members
    Im having the same issue, ive had to start multiple new games, and i went into my Subnautica file in my C drive, and when i click, the only file there is "Unity" and a few odd files with the letter "e" or "c" and i have to open those with a word doc and they have jibberish. i think the game is pretty broken right now, i have sent my log and crash reports to the dev's multiple times before this happened but it doesnt look like ill be making a new game for a while untill these issues can be taken care of. id rather be able to play a steady running game and risk a 6 month content drought Rather than not being able to play at all :(
    it said "3 failed to validate and will be reacquired" when i verify integrity of game files through steam.

Hmm. Does it mention which 3?

Also, I'm assuming everyone having problems has at the minimal at least tried restarting their computer. It's not necessary so often nowadays but it really does clear up lots of issues (files failing to update because of them being in use by processes that don't release handles correctly, etc).
  • MoralisMoralis Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226609Members

Hmm. Does it mention which 3?

Also, I'm assuming everyone having problems has at the minimal at least tried restarting their computer. It's not necessary so often nowadays but it really does clear up lots of issues (files failing to update because of them being in use by processes that don't release handles correctly, etc).

Yes i have tried restarting the computer and my files never returned :(
    Run a chkdsk on the C drive. If you need help with that, there's instructions in my signature below ▼. Then after that's complete (it may need to schedule the chkdsk and restart to run the check), re-verify the game with Steam.
    Run a chkdsk on the C drive. If you need help with that, there's instructions in my signature below ▼. Then after that's complete (it may need to schedule the chkdsk and restart to run the check), re-verify the game with Steam.

Yes I've done this when you said it the first time, it said nothing was wrong with the disk. Its kind of annoying when you play a world for 15 hours and all of a sudden doesn't load anymore and all the progress you made is thrown out the window.

Yes I've done this when you said it the first time, it said nothing was wrong with the disk. Its kind of annoying when you play a world for 15 hours and all of a sudden doesn't load anymore and all the progress you made is thrown out the window.

I was responding to Moralis (the post above my last one). Sometimes these things happen, wait for the next update, and post if it's still not working (or switch to experimental, but that brings other issues).