Option to remove floors between stacked multipurpose rooms

TheBaronHimselfTheBaronHimself Join Date: 2017-03-04 Member: 228580Members
I had this idea while building my first base: I think it would be cool if floors/ceilings between stacked multipurpose rooms could optionally be removed for the sake of having a rooms with high ceilings/tower-like constructions. This would extend possible base designs quite a bit, especially if large aquariums could still be stacked.

Thoughts?

Comments

• NovanCrusaderNovanCrusader United States Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228373Members
    I think this is a good idea, because when you add Alien Containment facilities to multipurpose rooms, it takes up too much space to be comfortable as a work space, and by removing the floor, it would feel less confined.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Or optionally replace the floors / ceilings with glass versions (changes cost from 6 Titanium to 4/5 Titanium and 1/2 glass, if you put Alien Containment in, you get a glass or a titanium back from the middle section?)
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I'd also be interested in half-floors. It'd probably look neat to have two triple-rows of windows stacked and no floor in-between to block the full view. The remaining floor half would make a nice place to put a chair or a little garden. I don't know how deleting a full floor would have to be realized with the current building system, but a half-floor could be created by applying support pillars underneath.
  • Brent7sBrent7s Renton, wa Join Date: 2017-03-11 Member: 228849Members
    What about having a MP Room that is two levels high as designed with a staircase prebuilt inside it so no ladder and could stack them and have a staircase connecting all levels?
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    I like it but even more onto the idea, what if you could add another part to 4 multipurpose rooms in the middle to make a massive room with no floor between all of the different stacked rooms