Why was this guy removed?

El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
latest?cb=20150430032617

I've heard that it was because the devs said he was "overpowered", but that makes zero sense because that means they couldn't figure out how to make their own creation balanced. It's a shame it got cut, the game really needs more crustacean-type creatures. The Dunes would have been a perfect place for it to lurk.

Comments

• Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    From what I remember, the guy came as a creature asset of the unity development kit. The devs couldn't correctely find a place for him on the game.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited February 2017
    He wasn't KRUSTY enough for the game...

latest?cb=20141007030110&path-prefix=es

B)
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    He was too KRUSTY for the game...

B)

Oh no. The ghost of Sans got another one.....
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Looking at all those jaggies, I'm sure the model didn't satisfy quality standards at UWE.

And I think it doesn't quite fit into the mood of the world design. Not at that size, it doesn't
  • SanpakuSanpaku Join Date: 2017-02-21 Member: 228120Members
    The rock puncher was native life that could terraform, and terraforming was removed for performance issues.
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    Sanpaku wrote: »
    The rock puncher was native life that could terraform, and terraforming was removed for performance issues.

That isn't the rock puncher.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited February 2017
    I'm pretty sure that was just some asset they had bought that they used for creature testing. It was never actually planned to be anything.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That beast dug his own hole...
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    That beast dug his own hole...

xm605r8fkru3.jpg
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    It looks like something out of Disney's "ATLANTIS - The Lost Empire"

B)
  • El_Leviatan_FantasmaEl_Leviatan_Fantasma Florida Join Date: 2017-02-19 Member: 228053Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that was just some asset they had bought that they used for creature testing.

Still would have been cool to have him in. Make a new model for him that fits in Subnautica better, make the huge spikes part of his mandibles that it uses to defend itself (and scale them down a little but still have them big) and have large lobster-like claws for its weapons. Have special burrows in the ground for it to lurk in and when anything larger than a Seamoth come in range it emerges and makes a grab for it, but if it grabs you it only does some damage then releases you because you're too small and of no interest.
  • Hydrowolf391Hydrowolf391 . Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219709Members
    It shares its fate in the void with the Phantom Leviathan and Rock Puncher...
  • kJGkJG Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218794Members

You cant compare those two to this thing
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members

Except the "Phantom" leviathan actually has a chance at getting in, and the Rock Puncher was considered for removal because of the cutting Terraforming.... While the 'Sandworm' didn't really have a chance to begin with. From what I heard it was just a random asset from the Unity store that was just being put in to test things, with no real intention of being implemented for real.

Also, love the Ceadeus in your signature.
    kJG wrote: »

You cant compare those two to this thing

Pretty much this. The other two were fully fleshed out ideas, this one was not.