• robotflyrobotfly Virginia Join Date: 2015-07-16 Member: 206185Members
    Could an Admin please close this, its getting worse
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    robotfly wrote: »

Page @Foxy
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    Children, let's not get all bent out of shape over a bit of tomfoolery.

Remember, it's a game and this is just a discussion thread, it's not the end of the world if ones thread goes off on a tangent due to a bit of silliness with a suggestive title.

Also, by changing the title of the thread, you have essentially put a huge Red Flag on it asking for folks to come and see for themselves.
    DaveyNY wrote: »

Remember, it's a game and this is just a discussion thread, it's not the end of the world if ones thread goes off on a tangent due to a bit of silliness with a suggestive title.

Also, by changing the title of the thread, you have essentially put a huge Red Flag on it asking for folks to come and see for themselves.

I was under the impression we were trying to keep the forums kid friendly, though, as in, safe for the audience the game is targeted for.
  • TheLordEternalTheLordEternal The Earth Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206851Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    fqukno29jx2t.jpg

Every time i see that plant i get the feeling as if it could grab onto the seamoth if it got close enough.
    Doesn't help that it looks just large enough for the seamoth to rest upon either.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

I was under the impression we were trying to keep the forums kid friendly, though, as in, safe for the audience the game is targeted for.

13 and up...

Tell me, how many teenagers now-a-days do you know that don't use innuendo as a way to communicate?
    (even if they don't have a clue what that word means)

Also, it seems like every other word out of their mouths only has four letters, at least this thread hasn't dived down that rabbit hole.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    fqukno29jx2t.jpg

Every time i see that plant i get the feeling as if it could grab onto the seamoth if it got close enough.
    Doesn't help that it looks just large enough for the seamoth to rest upon either.

It's not just me! The thing reminded me of a giant, underwater sundew plant. Given what those things do to insects, I was going nowhere near this thing. I remember the first time I saw it, my reaction was "That's a giant floatin' NOPE right there."
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

Page @Foxy

Personally, as long there is no hate or any kind of verbal abuse proferred @ anyone, i dont mind if a thread gets sidetrack'ed a bit. Of course, theres always that moment when it stops to be funny and if/when that happens i simply stop following the thread.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @Rainstorm your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Just because its true doesnt mean you had to tell erryone dammit! *runs away in tears*

*runs back in tears* And joo smell like soot and poo! *runs off in the distance in tears*
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

Just because its true doesnt mean you had to tell erryone dammit! *runs away in tears*

*runs back in tears* And joo smell like soot and poo! *runs off in the distance in tears*

Sacré bleu!
    Oh no he brought in the Spanish Inquisition, its about to get real up in here

*MOM GET THE CAMERA*
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

13 and up...

Tell me, how many teenagers now-a-days do you know that don't use innuendo as a way to communicate?

Also, it seems like every other word out of their mouths only has four letters, at least this thread hasn't dived down that rabbit hole.

Tell me, would you want your 13-year old daughter reading and / or participating in the preceding conversation with a bunch of strangers online? We're all comfortable with each other, that doesn't mean all eyes that see this are (yet). Especially from the POV of someone not involved with us, but responsible for a minor that is. Just food for thought.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

13 and up...

Tell me, would you want your 13-year old daughter reading and / or participating in the preceding conversation with a bunch of strangers online? We're all comfortable with each other, that doesn't mean all eyes that see this are (yet). Especially from the POV of someone not involved with us, but responsible for a minor that is. Just food for thought.

I think subnautica fourms is ok for strangers to talk, I'm pretty sure a majority of the fourm hasn't even used the message system yet
    edited March 2017

13 and up...

Somehow, I really don't think a 13 year old girl, is going to find anything we have said in this thread to be especially interesting.
    So I would imagine that 'she' might glance at it, and then quickly move on to something a bit more enchanting.

And actually, If I had one, I don't think I would let my 13 year old daughter do anything online unsupervised anyway.

But if she did happen to come across this particular thread, I would hope we'd have enough of a Father/Daughter relationship that she would ask me what it was all about.

As difficult as it may be, I'd rather be the one to explain the "Birds & the Bees" to her, than have her trying to figure it out by herself, especially by using the backwaters of the Internetz.

Anyway, this convo has really gone off the deep end at this point, so I'm not going to add anymore to the discussion.
    B)

13 and up...

And actually, If I had one, I don't think I would let my 13 year old daughter do anything online unsupervised anyway.

But if she did happen to come across this particular thread, I would hope we'd have enough of a Father/Daughter relationship that she would ask me what it was all about.

:) Good on you. We need more involved parents like that.
    edited March 2017
    Kids these days watch Pewdiepie, Markiplier and such... Not to mention have access to the entire internet. You lot are way too naive to think they haven't seen or heard the words used in this thread :D

I mean, what has been said in this thread isn't even that bad, I hear kids use this slang and worse all the time...

In any case, it's always better to explain instead of censoring, this is indeed where parenting comes in! Censoring only makes it cool and edgy, this kinda goes for everything.
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    Kids these days watch Pewdiepie, Markiplier and such... Not to mention have access to the entire internet. You lot are way too naive to think they haven't seen or heard the words used in this thread :D

I mean, what has been said in this thread isn't even that bad, I hear kids use this slang and worse all the time...

I am 14 AND I'M WATCHING YOU! (But I'm not listening to any markiplier or PewDiePie vids). I am on this forum since 2015.
    edited March 2017
    Yay, awesome kiddo at least someone is still watching me :D Even though I've yet to upload stuff in a while...
    Yay, awesome kiddo at least someone is still watching me :D Even though I've yet to upload stuff in a while...

I read every discussion I found interesting, this is not just an adult forum (but mostly).
    edited March 2017
    Antonin wrote: »

I read every discussion I found interesting, this is not just an adult forum (but mostly).

Well glad this peaked your interest

Also can we take a second to appreciate how far this discussion has come. From balls to parenting advive, to 14 yr olds and their youtube

Is there an adhd board we can put this on lol

Also can we take a second to appreciate how far this discussion has come. From balls to parenting advive, to 14 yr olds and their youtube

Our topics on here tend to go on a carousel, a sort of sight seeing tour of random topics randomly randomizing...

And I love it!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members

This is nothing.

I remember a thread where it started off on PETA.

And it somehow got to the topic of the ethics of correcting another persons grammar.

This kind of behavior is pretty much a norm at this point.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Skope wrote: »

This is nothing.

And it somehow got to the topic of the ethics of correcting another persons grammar.

It'd be more appropriate to say "I remember a thread that started off discussing PETA." Furthermore, it should be "person's."

Sorry - couldn't resist! You handed me the perfect setup! :lol:

This is nothing.

Well, that particular person was looking for trouble the moment he began to post.
    < shrug >

This is nothing.

Well, that particular person was looking for trouble the moment he began to post.
    < shrug >

Im assuming that forum post is well known here, right?