Mirages?

Ceegar1Ceegar1 Join Date: 2017-02-18 Member: 228033Members
edited April 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hello,

After playing Subnautica for some time, I noticed that I got a message from my suit saying that long periods of time without human interaction creates... (Suicidal thoughts? I can't remember!). That gave me an idea; mirages. Mirages would make the ocean just a little creepier, even when you are swimming at top of the ocean. Get this, you're looking for the precursor island because your bored. Suddenly, a tiny amusement park sitting on a foundation comes into your view. Your curiosity got the best of you and you start swimming to the amusement park. Then, poof, it disappeared without a trace. Mirages would make sense as there isn't a lot of things that can be seen at the ocean's top, I kinda get bored when I don't experience anything unusual at the top of the ocean. That message from the suit I mentioned should be the activation for the mirages to start appearing. Mirages in my opinion are pretty cool and should added to Subnautica in the next few public updates. Here are a few pictures (That were hastily written) that should make my idea just a bit clearer on mirages in Subnautica.

Mirages%2Bfor%2BSubnautica....png
After%2BMirages%2Bfor%2BSubnautica..png

Thank you for reading my draft, and please, leave a comment, I want to know what you think of my idea! THE CRINGE IS AS POWERFUL AS EVER...

Comments

• ABlueSandsharkABlueSandshark Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236724Members
    this is an interesting idea, i know this is really old but i still think they should add something like it. like some sort of fear meter and if it gets full you could see giant monsters in the corner of you eye and when you turn towards it it vanishes.
  • Isummon_DurtIsummon_Durt Lower MiddleEarth Join Date: 2017-12-09 Member: 234349Members
    WILSONNN!!!

Maybe mesmer fish's affects influence the player more drastically or something.
    this is an interesting idea, i know this is really old but i still think they should add something like it. like some sort of fear meter and if it gets full you could see giant monsters in the corner of you eye and when you turn towards it it vanishes.

Maybe the player has a thin blue 'sleep debt' meter which is like a little 1/3rd of a ring around the O2 tracker. If the player hasn't slept for awhile, this blue meter will gain a little green bit around the bottom. Another day without sleep and the green bar will grow a bit more. After the third day, the bar has progressed to 50% of the overall ring segment and has turned an orange color. After that, the bar will be a crimson red and the music in the background will stop playing and will be replaced with a track which plays random sounds like distant propellers, chains, snapping, or whispering every ten minutes or so. If the bar becomes completely red, the player will basically have a nervous breakdown in which they are aways at reduced oxygen efficiency, hear random far-off sounds frequently, and will have a blurry screen effect when the player turns around.

Of course, (so as to not make this impossible,) the chair in the life-pod can be slept in.
  • Hertz94Hertz94 Join Date: 2018-03-07 Member: 238683Members
    A new levaiatan that is only a mirage. You are on the surface and somewere near you see this MASSIVE finn go deeper.
    You swim there (because we all now that the mayoirty of Subnautica's plyers are masochists!) and... you find nothing. It was all in your head. Or isn't? ;)