25 hour hardcore lost to stupidity

JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
So my latest hardcore game, new start for each new build as always, just ended. I drowned. What is post worthy about that? Well I was 10 metres from the surface, in the safe shallows. Still bad but not really post worthy; but I have been playing so long in the deep dark that I was racing back to my cyclops to get air, my usual life line. I travelled 90 meters or so, only 10 meters from the surface desperate to get to the cyclops for air. I forgot I could have just popped my little head up and taken a lungful. Idiot.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2017
    Inattentional blindness, it happens to the best of us!

Good thing games have a reset button :tongue:
  • JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
    edited February 2017
    It did make me wonder about an achievement based on hardly ever coming up for air. Like an Aquaman Achievement : Lifepod to all wrecks explored never surfacing, or some such. Using all wrecks explored stops the AFK with a air pump sort of cheese.
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    ...Good thing games have a reset button :tongue:

I imagine heaven is full of people who just arrived saying "Bullcrap! I shot him first! damn cheater!" And "dude! I totally doged that!"
  • kingdoo10kingdoo10 UK Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226989Members
    Well there is your mistake that happens to the best of us and then there are glitchy reaper leviathans that kill you when glitching through the ground.