Automated Cache cleaning batch file v2 -- read before using

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 3,977 Advanced user
edited February 11 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Now that base terrain deformation is removed, you shouldn't have to skip clearing the batches around your base, so I've removed that part of the batch file. You can find the original version in the spoiler section below, but keep in mind, even if you have an old base that clips through terrain and clearing the cache dumps terrain back inside of it, you can just use the Debug Console command
item 514
and spawn in a terraformer, and shift-right-click the terrain out of your base. This way, the caches your base are in stay nice and stutter / crash free (clearing CellsCache) as well as being updated if there's any new terrain changes from Subnautica updates (CompiledOctreesCache).

To use these files, simply:
1) Place a copy of them in the SavedGames\slot00[i]xx[/i] folder (where [i]xx[/i] is the number of the saved game slot you want cleared) and then 
2) Run the file:
    a) Windows: double-click 
    b) Mac / Linux, in the terminal: 
	i) do chmod +x CacheClean_Mac_Linuxv2.sh
	ii) do ./CacheClean_Mac_Linuxv2.sh

Windows version:

Download here
del /q *.txt
del /q CellsCache\*.bin
del /q CompiledOctreesCache\*.optoctrees

Mac & Linux version:

Download here
# To run this file, do chmod +x CacheClean_Mac_Linuxv2.sh then do ./CacheClean_Mac_Linuxv2.sh
rm -f *.txt
rm -f CellsCache/*.bin
rm -f CompiledOctreesCache/*.optoctrees

Link to a tool by @foxxyfox make this process a bit more user-friendly (it has a graphical interface) here (source code available).
Alright, only use this if you're comfortable with the current cache cleaning process and know what you're doing.

Basically, the batch file cleans your cache for you and then restores your batch files for your bases, given the condition that you've backed them up, in their respective directories, to \slot000x\bases, so your base batch files should be copied to:
  • \bases\*.txt
  • \bases\CellsCache\*.bin
  • \bases\CompiledOctreesCache\*.optoctrees

Place this batch file in the top level of your \slot000x directory and double-click to run it.

Download:
Windows | Mac & Linux (read the comment in the first line)

Here's the contents of the Windows file, followed by the Mac & Linux file, which you can edit (say your bases are in a different folder or something) if you wish by right-clicking and choosing edit:

Windows:
del /q *.txt
copy bases\*.txt
del /q CellsCache\*.bin
copy bases\CellsCache\*.bin CellsCache\
del /q CompiledOctreesCache\*.optoctrees
copy bases\CompiledOctreesCache\*.optoctrees CompiledOctreesCache\

Mac & Linux:
# To run this file, do chmod +x CacheClean_Mac_Linux.sh then do ./CacheClean_Mac_Linux.sh
rm -f *.txt
cp bases/*.txt
rm -f CellsCache/*.bin
cp bases/CellsCache/*.bin CellsCache/
rm -f CompiledOctreesCache/*.optoctrees
cp bases/CompiledOctreesCache/*.optoctrees CompiledOctreesCache/

EDIT: Link to a tool to make this process a bit easier (you still have to find which batches your base is in) here (Tool to clean cache by @foxxyfox - source code available ).
UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear
Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with
Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server <- swing on by! | <a href="http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147726/p1" rel="nofollow" class="bbcode_url"">Subnautica mods <</span>- Hey look! Mods! | Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
Post edited by 0x6A7232 on
AmahrSidchicken

Comments