Water Filtration

CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
I understand that this machine separates the salt from the water, but sometimes, I just don't want the salt. Could we have a setting where it washes the salt back into the ocean? I always end up with so much.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    You can take out only the water when a filtration is done. It should then only produce new water and not salt.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I did not know that. I have never just left the salt in. Thank you for answering my question
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    I did not know that. I have never just left the salt in. Thank you for answering my question

It took me some four playthroughs before I figured it out by accident. What I tried to do then was remove the salt in hopes I would end up with three bottles of water and one salt, which I thought would be a more useful use of storage. But then I noticed the filtration machine only worked on generating more salt, with water remaining at "100%".

For a fully automated machine, the water filtration machine can be manipulated quite well, but an instruction manual should be included. In any case, I've added this tidbit to the SNWiki as its comments show it's uncommon knowledge (or common unknowledge - take your pick).