Some of my ideas based on current stable build.

HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
edited November 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Lets be honest, realism sucks and mostly we want a believable world which is fun :sunglasses: So while some things realistically even now just flat out outperform things in Subnautica that doesn't mean they would fit in... our current oxygen tanks vastly outperform tanks in the game where a small box on a wall can re-arrange molecules etc. Saying that just to have context that I don't want futuristing oxygen tanks that should last weeks, ours on bottom end with just plain compressed O2 already go past 30mins now in future who'd compress O2 for such purposes, you would make something that can extract/generate/etc oxygen with some chemical/mechanical process. Anyway enough ranting about context or it will will keep me from going down more then 4 tanks of O2 would.

We have quick time cycle, it's not bad in this specific case but some things feel tied to time rather then sane proportions. We got beds, how about some rested bonus which will slow metabolism and advance time etc. Nothing required please... just an added benefit of being around your base.

The never ending Seaglide hate. I think its just about general consensus that Seaglide sucks. It sucks early on because you are wasting resources on making a wagon full o batteries and later simply because it's inferior and takes up a huge amount of space. Why not simply let it hold a couple of batteries? Power cells are huge in game, tho take little space, they are even bigger then Seaglide I think but loading a few batteries wouldn't really that awkward and would solve half a problem. Early on you sacrifice space for mobility and later since Seaglide speed isn't affected by tanks or fins it could be a way to speed up when you you are deep diving and your HC tanks slow you down to a crawl.

Cyclops entry says quoting " * Extensive storage solutions in the stern section", 5? lockers with 6x2 space is not extensive... player inventory is 48... four times bigger same as storage locker and a normal wall locker which looks smaller even is 30. It's industrial submarine it is suppose to have storage capacity to match. A full row of lockers equivalent to wall lockers would at least make it look better. Currently you can literally place buildable locker over then and still be able to walk just fine, that is sad :disappointed:

PDA device claims ability to monitor vitals. Why do we need thermometer again? PDA is capable of judging distance why do we need a compass? Even current phones can figure that stuff out. Instead how about PDA slots with upgrades like general terrain map generator. Ability to remotely call your submarines? I'm sure you guys can come up with some fun ideas.

Scanner room is there. Why not have drones that can do some passive resource "harvesting" slowllllllyyyy. Lets be honest people will run through the story and then play for the living... running out of resources in survival games is one of the lamer things out there.

We got lava vents already spewing stuff, why not passively generate a maximum of say... 3-5 nodes around them and regenerate them every 5-10 days or something. Depending on biome have different nodes. Would make sense and not leave folks with that feeling of needing to be extra careful or I will run out X stuff and never be able to make any more of Y.

I got more ideas than I'll even be able to put down in writing but those that I listed, for me at least, sound like things that I'd like to see included in the initial release. After that it will be up to your team to decide if you want to expand the game and world and eventually make xpacks that will actually be xpacks not some horse armor dlc. Increase world add to story etc. If the game is successful and you guys decide to continue why not build a story around returning to 4546B with Alterra looking to secretly study alien technology and you are tasked with setting up the operation in a hush hush kind of way. Imagine the possibilities of including some alien tech into the mix. Mind blown... cyclopse in tears, peepers fainting everywhere.

Almost forgot :p almost. Before release pretty please make rope from dive reel have collision. The thing is an awesome idea for early game but because rope clips it renders it only 1/3 as awesome as it could be. But I do realize most collisions aren't polished at all. Just don't forget about that little thing it's cave explorers best friend. Aside from hauling a lot of light sticks. For some things clipping though just makes them even more awesome like air pipes... for others... not so much. Ground bursting reapers... :scream: Also I fully support progressing with your blueprints through exploration, once you get signals triggering off events and story vast majority of required things will be in plain view of story progression traveling route.