Cyclops Camera Views

harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
The current Camera views in the Cyclops are pretty bad. PLEASE get rid of the "HUD-clutter" and the instructions on how to move them - and while your are at it you could remove those rectangles - what they are for I have no idea! CLUTTER!

Also - most importantly - is we need realtime data being displayed when using the cameras. I'm hoping this will be coming in a future update, but for now, using the cameras kills our "situational awareness" as we don't know depth, power, etc.
As I've written elsewhere - this info should be displayed across the bottom of the navigation window - NOT splattered all over like the HUD in a jet fighter! We are not moving that fast that we can't allow our eyes to stray off the center of the screen to check data.

Further - it would be AWESOME if there could be a key-assignment for each camera view - that way one could quickly switch between views of interest rather than rolling thru them all. :)

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Uh, "those rectangles"?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    That, and am I missing how to exit the camera view to pilot view without disengaging from the helm? I press 'E' and I stop driving, that's not what I wanted. But keys (replace inventory keys? you're not using them driving the sub.. 1-3 cam, 4 default view, 5 back to previously selected cam view?) and depth / power info would be great. Perhaps a mostly-transparent mini version of the sub sonar superimposed when close to something? IDK Just ideas.
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Ok - a "rectangle" with 4 equal sideds... aka SQUARE... still don't see any real purpose for them in the camera views. :p