ALL MESSED UP

13»

Comments

• DelmarKaneDelmarKane US Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221945Members
    Started a new game a couple of days ago (complete reinstall) and went straight into Experimental build (VR bug fixes).

Had almost the same experience as @ElMonstro , except...I'll be damned if I can find the Mobile Vehicle Bay. I found a bunch of the fragments floating in the air (graphical bugs) but they were not scannable. I've been as far as the old Aurora entrance and the Kelp forests behind the engines, and I still have yet to find it. I have the SeaMoth ready to be built, but cannot find the bay! lol

Tonight, I'll spend a bit of time going over the wrecks again. I might have missed something with the (quite literally) 10 sandsharks hanging out at the wreck directly behind the Aurora engines. I have noticed them having a huge aggro range and they behave much like others have said, they drop everything they are doing and go after the player when you are just within sight. If the player is supposed to be just another piece of the environment, rather than the "tripwire" for a behavior script, I sure cannot tell. To me, I might as well be wearing "Peeper scented aftershave".

Aside from that, the progression is pretty good. I would like a way to avoid the player being stuck for too long, on a certain tier. While the escape pod drifting is a nice way of forcing the player to create a base of their own (bug or not), I would like to see a way to keep a specific amount of predators in a given area, until the player has moved on to a certain tier. Then, let nature take its course. Then again, having seen three or four sand sharks near the lifepod since the first evening, sure made me push to get some tech found.