Base flooding holes appearing for no reason

TerraPuerTerraPuer texas Join Date: 2015-06-04 Member: 205244Members
I really love the game. But ever since the new terrain update for Xbox one I haven't been able to play it because of many bugs. I finally created a new game that doesn't have the glitch that didn't let you swim. Everything was going fine until I opened the save file today. My base would constantly break every time I fixed it new holes would appear a couple minutes later. So I decided to add some reinforcements and upped my hull integrity to 34. But the base kept flooding. Eventually I deconstructed the four rooms and put down one new room, BUT IT STILL KEPT BREAKING! I put reinforcements on every plave I could BUT IT STILL KEPT BREAKING!

I really want to play the game but I literally cant.

Comments

• Jim_Jim_ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219811Members
    There are a few things that can cause that.
    • Too many creatures in a containment tank
    • A floater in a containment tank or touching your base
    • Fish or creatures constantly swimming into the walls of your base
    • The structural integrity below 0
  • SamustusSamustus Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220334Members
    PC version here and having the same problem.

It was my first base and I built it next to my lifepod on a flat stretch of sand in the Safe Shallows. A simple base, 2 foundations with only a multipurpose room and an I-Corridor and a Hatch. On top of the room I built 2 solar panels. Inside I built some storage lockers and later a modification station. That's it! (I stopped building when the leaks started). From the outside I only see a few minor fish and under the foundation there is nothing impeding anything. After building, the integrity was over 10, and I added some reinforcements, which came to over 20 or so.

After leaving the habitat and coming back, leaks keep appearing for no reason that I can detect. Fixed the leaks and added more reinforcement and the same thing keeps happening.

I built another huge base across the map and it doesn't have any of these problems. If I leave my first base (in good condition) and head across to my other base and spend some time there, when I return to my first base everything looks fine, and then after 3 or 4 minutes leaks appear again.

"Something" is affecting the integrity of the base only while I am in the area. There aren't enough fish, that I can see, that can damage the base that fast.
  • SamustusSamustus Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220334Members
    edited July 2016
    Jim_ wrote: »
    • A floater in a containment tank or touching your base

Jim, you are the man! After reading up on probable base integrity problems from various sources, I went back to my first base and had a look around again. That's when I saw it! I remembered you mentioning something about a Floater, but ignored it because I assumed it was a containment tank issue and I didn't have one there. However.. there was a Peeper swimming around my base with a Floater attached to it LOL. Every time the Peeper went near my base it must have lowered the integrity. I was watching the Peeper/Floater outside my base, when I noticed through the window of my habitat that it was filling up with water!

So, I freed the Peeper and relocated the Floater to a rock further away with its buddies and repaired the habitat. Problem solved!

Thanks Jim!
  • Jim_Jim_ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219811Members
    I'm glad you found the issue. It wouldn't have occurred to me that a floater would be attached to a swimming fish.