Question about the long-tailed bird

DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
Does anyone know where I can find depictions of the long-tailed bird other than in the early access trailer? I know only of that fauna poster on the wiki and that one's quality is too low to see anything properly.

As well, is this bird still in the plans or canned?

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    119 views and no one has anything to help me out here?
  • drbrianzdrbrianz USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216293Members
    idk if will be added or not i hope it will be added we need more birds :)
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    I don't think it will be added, sadly. I believe its planned name was 'Skyray', however the Devs have not showed any signs or plans of implementing another bird species anytime soon. Hope this helps! :)
    Thank you for the replies. I decided to search a little further and did find some old Trello cards. They don't help me much further on figuring out the large bird's fate, but they sort of do have pics.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    I thought the skyray was in? You can see it flying around the floating island. Or is this another bird that I have not seen in concept or in-game?
    This is another bird, like the Jellyray except out of the water. Got the names mixed up, sorry :P
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    If you kill a bird, you should be able to cook it. then get an achievment High And Dry Meal.
    edited June 2016
    With the matter pseudo-closed, I'm hijacking my own topic in favor of another. For some reason I am not given the option to upload pics on CRABSQUID CAN KILL DOCKED SEAMOTH, but I can here.

"It's not even just pursuing. My dear neighbor just every so often breaks into my garage to beat up my car. The only perk is that they screech every time they land a hit and I can hear it in every corner of my compact base, so with about 13% damage per hit I can keep track of how close to dying my car is.

I made pictures in case I'll ever decide to go to court over this. Fortunately, my neighbor has no objections to my camera drones."

lbs940pk1rlr.jpg
    It's hard to properly capture how horrifying it is to see that large form move around under the moonpool while looking for a way to attack. Especially knowing it can.

5vyw79e7u6xs.jpg
    Yep, tall enough that the head actually pokes inside the base. I think I've seen it about twice as high at most, and sometimes it's the legs that become visible. In those cases, the attack on my car succeeds.

0adfo962sc7v.jpg
    Camera evidence of what I think was a successful attack (with a drone, I can't hear the screeching that confirms a correct hit).

ou4n240wycb5.jpg
    A good picture of my neighborhood vandal to not get any legal fuzziness over proving it's them thrashing my car and not "a totally different crabsquid" or one of the jellyray neighbors.
    IT'S SO CUTE! OMG! GIVE IT A BONE IT JUST WANTS TO PLAY... a bone from your arm maybe?
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    With the matter pseudo-closed, I'm hijacking my own topic in favor of another. For some reason I am not given the option to upload pics on CRABSQUID CAN KILL DOCKED SEAMOTH, but I can here.

"It's not even just pursuing. My dear neighbor just every so often breaks into my garage to beat up my car. The only perk is that they screech every time they land a hit and I can hear it in every corner of my compact base, so with about 13% damage per hit I can keep track of how close to dying my car is.

I made pictures in case I'll ever decide to go to court over this. Fortunately, my neighbor has no objections to my camera drones."

lbs940pk1rlr.jpg
    It's hard to properly capture how horrifying it is to see that large form move around under the moonpool while looking for a way to attack. Especially knowing it can.

5vyw79e7u6xs.jpg
    Yep, tall enough that the head actually pokes inside the base. I think I've seen it about twice as high at most, and sometimes it's the legs that become visible. In those cases, the attack on my car succeeds.

0adfo962sc7v.jpg
    Camera evidence of what I think was a successful attack (with a drone, I can't hear the screeching that confirms a correct hit).

ou4n240wycb5.jpg
    A good picture of my neighborhood vandal to not get any legal fuzziness over proving it's them thrashing my car and not "a totally different crabsquid" or one of the jellyray neighbors.

I have a solution to your domestic problem: Stasis Rifle + Knife = Problem Solved.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    edited June 2016
    On the original topic again, you can see this long-tailed bird within the first 30 seconds of the trailer along with the skyray we have already in this game. Considering it is in the trailer, we might see it added, but as it is a land creature most likely, I doubt it is high priority...

Second 35ish
  • SassyTitanSassyTitan Join Date: 2016-01-13 Member: 211321Members
    There was talk about predatory birds for some while... They might still be implemented