Did not get "Abyss Skulk Skin" (Unleashed) on 2nd Account

keechikeechi Join Date: 2004-07-01 Member: 29656Members
Hey guys,

I got 2 accounts in NS2 (1st since beta, 2nd from a bundle, had to get it in case I want to play with a friend that hasn´t NS2)

And I played more then 2 hours in NS2_caged. I even tried to play 2 hours in 1 sitting/map, but i didnt get it !

You can look up both my accounts 1. Keechi(<- got the skin) 2. keechi (<- did NOT get the skin)

Could someone explain to me why I didnt get the skin or just fix the issue?
A friend joked about that it might be because of 1 IP, even then i cant´t understand why I wouldn´t get the skin, because I OWN 2 copies of the game and I want the skin!

Regards
Keechi

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    These are the requirements to get the skin.
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    - Be on caged
    - Be on marines or aliens
    - The game must be in the middle of a match.
    - Be on a dedicated server (not a listen server).

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    keechi wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    These are the requirements to get the skin.
    - Be on caged
    - Be on marines or aliens
    - The game must be in the middle of a match.
    - Be on a dedicated server (not a listen server).

Keep playing games on the 2nd one. You will get it. I am assuming you are close on the second one. You said tried sitting in a server and that does not work as explained in the list I mentioned.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

You have to be on a dedicated server, during a game, actively participating on aliens or marines. You cannot just idle in the ready room, or sit on a listen server.
  • keechikeechi Join Date: 2004-07-01 Member: 29656Members
    Thanks for the explaining, but I never said I just idled in the RR I was playing all the time , the long match was just a very long match no one wanted to end until I bilebombed the marine base.

I will try to play more on that account, thanks !
    edited June 2016
    [/quote]

Keep playing games on the 2nd one. You will get it. I am assuming you are close on the second one. You said tried sitting in a server and that does not work as explained in the list I mentioned. [/quote]

You have to be on a dedicated server, during a game, actively participating on aliens or marines. You cannot just idle in the ready room, or sit on a listen server.

In 1 Sitting i meant in 1 map not in the RR, 1 map 2 hours of playtime.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2016
    Moved into the technical support section

It's important to note the skin drop is steam cache bound. That means you can currently only unlock it once per account and system. I guess you used the same system for both accounts and that's why the skin is not dropping for your secondary account.
    edited June 2016
    Well so what do I do now ? I own 2 Copies and I played atleast 2 hours on NS2_caged and I want the free skin.
    No one told me or wrote in the requirements that it´s not possible on the same pc to get a 2nd skin, with a legit 2nd account.
    You are the dev´s can´t you fix this easily?
    Just look at the account:

http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/86254658

NO idling involved, thats ALL playtime.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2016
    Well so what do I do now ? I own 2 Copies and I played atleast 2 hours on NS2_caged and I want the free skin.
    No one told me or wrote in the requirements that it´s not possible on the same pc to get a 2nd skin, with a legit 2nd account.
    You are the dev´s can´t you fix this easily?
    Just look at the account:

http://hive.naturalselection2.com/profile/86254658

NO idling involved, thats ALL playtime.

We can't fix this without a patch. Also system is not equally to PC. A different operation system user account already counts as different system.

However as your case is legitimate I am willing to give you an abyss skulk if you make the inventory of your secondary account public.
    I did make everything in my steam inventory public, even steam gifts now, and the 2nd account id is : http://steamcommunity.com/id/keechi88

Thank you for resolving this issue, I´m glad you did this for me !

For the next time I know that I will do it with another windows user aswell !
    Have a nice day !
    Keechi
    Item has been granted!
    Thank you very much :)

Have a nice day!

Keechi