Beacons, boats, beans, and benches

DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
First time posting. Hello, everyone.
  • I know the whole signal/beacon thing is still being worked on, so I eagerly await how that develops. But one thing I'd like to have I haven't found discussion on is a wall-mounted beacon for inside bases as an alternative for deployable beacons. I use the beacons to keep "contact" between my bases and it's a bit odd to create this luxurious setup but have to do with a deployable floating outside it, much as it makes for a surprisingly cute garden gnome.
  • Boosting another person's suggestion; I'd love to have something like this take the dual role of boat-dockable base top. There's enough land and not-that-deep points to make it worthwhile, I think. And I can imagine making use of it in combination with the powerglide.
  • Early game, you have to consume fish because the two edible plants available then aren't nutritious enough and mid game/post-floater island, plants are the easier option. I presume if cooking is implemented, fish would be interesting again mid game, but I'd like some early game balancing too (I'd love to attempt a veggie run). A bean plant would be a nice addition for immediate nutrition or conversion to tofu. Placement in the Grassy Plateaus seems about fair. Dangerous, but not unrealistic to acquire early on.
  • I'd like benches for outside too, for on land or surface plateaus. That's all.