Does the devs even get ideas out of the "Ideas and Suggestions" tab?

dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
I've posted some ideas and seen some really cool ideas (even some with concept arts)
And my question is does the devs actually get ideas out of the "Ideas and Suggestions" tab or have been anything in the game that was came from the Ideas tab
Or that whole place is for the people to show others their crazy and decent ideas?

Comments

• tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    They take everything into consideration, you see devs posting all the time, and if they arent they probably have viewed the thread. However i dont know of a time where a suggestion has been implemented.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    The whole "fish respawn" mechanic introduced in the latest Machinery Update was the result of player suggestions, so there's that one at least.

But Dargan, there's no way the devs have enough time to respond individually to everyone's ideas and suggestions. Keep making them and who knows, one might tickle their fancy. :)
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    I think that the devs dont use the ideas and suggestions forum due to the fact that they are rushing on a tight schedule to implemant features that they have already planned out.If you look at the Subnautica Trello,they have already planned until V1.0 in august which is the full release,so they do not have the time to implement things that aren't planned ahead of time,like fan suvgestions.

However,I feel that once V1.0 is implemented,the devs will no longer have to follow a tight schedule and as such,will probably start to take suggestions from the community and implement other concept art they have developed over the time.So if you have awesome ideas,save them until the game is out of Early Access.

Could i have a link to your ideas and suggestions?I would like to see them :) Either way, i hope you get lucky and the devs see your ideas and hopefully,implement them.
  • MistressAthenaMistressAthena USA Join Date: 2016-01-30 Member: 212328Members
    edited May 2016
    Being an Indie dev myself, I can tell you that the Idea's and Suggestion tab most likely are for ideas that "tickle their fancy" like said above, stuff they can plan for after the release of the game, but first they need to make, update, balance, and finalize the initial release of the game and what they have planned before they try to impliment idea's that they didn't come up with themselves, and add a whole new variable to the game in terms of balance, production, planning, lore writing, dev members work flow, etc.
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    I think that the devs dont use the ideas and suggestions forum due to the fact that they are rushing on a tight schedule to implemant features that they have already planned out.If you look at the Subnautica Trello,they have already planned until V1.0 in august which is the full release,so they do not have the time to implement things that aren't planned ahead of time,like fan suvgestions.

However,I feel that once V1.0 is implemented,the devs will no longer have to follow a tight schedule and as such,will probably start to take suggestions from the community and implement other concept art they have developed over the time.So if you have awesome ideas,save them until the game is out of Early Access.

Could i have a link to your ideas and suggestions?I would like to see them :) Either way, i hope you get lucky and the devs see your ideas and hopefully,implement them.

Okay here some of them
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141302/spaceships-in-the-skybox#latest
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141564/natural-events#latest