My child, my lagoon, my sorrow.

JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
So I have been away from the game for 4 months to give it some time to mature. Two days ago I started a new hardcore game (the only way to play Subnautica IMO). There were these new things.. eggs. I spent my time and nurtured an egg. I built a home for it. I placed it…It rolled, so I picked it up then dropped it.. it rolled. Again I lifted then dropped it…and it rolled. Carefully I picked it up, dropped it. It rolled. Again and Again until it settled and started to pulse. Happy I was.
A few moons later and I see a beautiful little stalker, no longer an egg. We swim together in peace in his tank but he never grows. So I pick my child up, gently mind, and place him into the lagoon in the centre of the floating isle where my base is. I slide into the lagoon beside him. He tenderly looks to my eyes and tears my throat out and pisses down my neck. RESTART.

Props to the DEVs. The game has really come on in a short time. So pretty, so involved. not so so, but so supreme.

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Muahahahaha!

Welcome to predators eggs farming in Subnautica my dear friend :smiley:

you just experienced, like all of us, the joys of releasing a baby fish we found, tended and raised to the point where you realize its time for it to get out in the wild. You release it with pride into the vast ocean and shed tears of ... FEAR when you realize it comes straight for your face !

No ... there is no peace nor rest in this cruel subnautican world.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members

He tenderly looks to my eyes and tears my throat out and pisses down my neck. RESTART.

Hahaha, this made my morning, cheers for the laugh :)
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I'm really going to have to play with the eggs...wow...
  • ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
    I did that with a gas pod. That was much worse. Your base does not shield you from the fart bombs
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I did find it interesting how hatched creatures will stick to the area you release them in. I had a big group of rabbitrays swimming around my base that I'd raised, it was nice to watch. Releasing the super adorable baby shocker (I was excited to find the egg) outside my base was a terrible idea, as he immediately grew to full size and would wait for me to step outside and into his waiting jaws.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited April 2016
    I did find it interesting how hatched creatures will stick to the area you release them in. I had a big group of rabbitrays swimming around my base that I'd raised, it was nice to watch. Releasing the super adorable baby shocker (I was excited to find the egg) outside my base was a terrible idea, as he immediately grew to full size and would wait for me to step outside and into his waiting jaws.

Uh-oh.

Excuse me. I've just remembered it's my turn to clean out the aquarium. *gulp* :s
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    ... and that's why you keep your dangerous animals in their tanks, kids...
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    There was supposed to be the Creatures Attack Update for this month. Having a biological defense system would certainly be the green way to defend your base. A few Gasopods, Mesmers, Stalkers, Bonesharks, Shockers, and Tiger Plants would certainly make most hostile creatures think twice about attacking. Maybe injecting some DNA into the eggs using the Transfuser to make them friendlier to the player would help.
  • JudgeRhadamanthusJudgeRhadamanthus The Internet Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208246Members
    I like that they are hostile, even if it cost me a long play time save. It gives us a chance to release and replace into the same environment had we taken one from it. Restoring the natural order. Restoring the Biome.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Yep.Worse is,it stays outside and considers your base as its home so it will clear your base of fish and hunt you down.Ive been bugging the devs for BAM chips (Behaviour Altering Microchip) that we can implant in our creatures.They then swim around but do not consider the player as an enemy so its no real work other tha nremoving the "detectplayer" command.