Limestones and Metal Salvage Bits ressources huge drop in availability

RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
I dont know if its a bug im encountering in all my games or if this was an intended change but in the recent builds (306** +) ive noticed a MAJOR drop of resources regarding the Limestones and Metal salvages. While i agree that before the availability of those resources were more than abundant (you could not swim 3 seconds without falling on one lol) now theyre almost completely gone from the world. Its now like 90% sandstones i find and 10% limestones as opposed to before, it used to be more like 80% limestones/20% sandstones). The huge coral tubes in the Safe Shallows used to be full of those limestones now theyre practically all devoided of it. the Sparse Reef also was full of Limestones now theres not even one left there.

Id understand and agree that for game balancing purposes the availability of those ressources had to drop some, but to the point that you literally cannot build the tech you get the blueprints of just because you dont find enough titanium is pushing alot in the other direction imo. One thing id find really cool is do like what that Degasi team survivors did and vampirise the Ship's main wreck to gather titanium (you go to the aurora's outside hull and use the Builder to deconstruct it to get titanium). Of course that wouldnt solve the problem of getting copper ... specially if you intend to make the tools like the builder/scanner use batteries in the future we'll need more limestone nodes for sure.

I understand that the Battery/Powercell charger is soon to come, which will make us need less copper for making them but we will still need copper to make Lead(why? lol), Signs and Frames (and i love to have lots of pictures in my bases and also lots of signs :smiley: ) The best solution would be to increase to availabilty of metal salvages/limestones up a notch imo.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? obviously, if im bugged and im the only one suffering this issue then the problem is only on my end :/

Comments

• VorgVorg AZ Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214717Members
    Been like that for a week or so. I gave up and started a new game because I couldn't build anything. The resources are not just reduced, they don't respawn at all. Crystal and salt everywhere, but not metal stuff
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    a great source for metal would be like you said the aurora but also the wreck pieces and the things inside like those containers and the furniture.
  • JhadarSyJhadarSy Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 215030Members
    Weird, for me it was the fauna disappearing. But then I got farming going, and added some plants to the Cyclops, so not really needing the fish - except salted for field rations. So far the metal and various stones spawns seem fine in my world. Lets see, copper to make batteries. Batteries are also sometimes made of lead-suphide in real life. So by perfect game logic Copper turns into Lead! Works for me.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I have also not seen this drastic reduction in resources and I start a new game every few days to see the changes to experimental. I always end up with more copper and titanium than I know what to with, and more recently a lot more silver and a little less gold, though that may be RNG deciding to give me a break. Silvers always been difficult for me.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Hmmmm, judging by replies to this thread it might be me thats bugged then. I shall try and look into this issue to understand why im the only one with this problem visibly
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited April 2016
    No your not bugged. I had the same thing for a few builds not to long ago. I think it started for me with #30758
    The coral tubes in the Safe Shallows where empty of ore inside and on top.
    Then this last build 30923 the coral tube ore is back.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Maybe with the new scanner room update that lets you see hidden resources on hud, those ores might get placed under the terrain surface and you need to drill them out with a tool - an ore or resource extractor tool that you place near the buried source and the extractor lights go 100 percent to signal the extraction place. Then you press the button and wait for the circle to close. Then you have the extracted resource from below the surface.
  • VorgVorg AZ Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214717Members
    I had to start a new game again last night, and nodes where back. They don't seem to want to apply fixes to saves.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Vorg wrote: »
    I had to start a new game again last night, and nodes where back. They don't seem to want to apply fixes to saves.

Sadly it's true. Restarted and it rained metal and ore again. And I already had hoped to play Raiders of the Lost Ark, digging out all kind of pinged things underwater with my treasure scanning equipment.

Already imagined my Scanner AI telling me "Captain my scan has revealed a large mass of plasteel buried nearby. I'll mark it on the map and send it to your hud. Please be careful as my sensors have detected an extrem large organic mass nearby with incredible speed. I would suggest to equip your seamoth with all protection available."

So I do as suggested, go there and dig in the sand, revealing some strange sub fragments buried in the sands and a pda. I open it and it tells me "Day 23 - We have followed the strange signal without knowing what to find and are now doomed. If this cyclops could only drive faster or had tilt and roll. This fanged devil will soon get us ... To anyone reading this, be aware of the hot caverns in the deep. There seems to be an incredible large ... aaaarrrghh"

Phew, I think and turn around to face it. Instinctively I activate my remote control, send the seamoth away and play dead man while I can see this brutal giant crunch the seamoth to pieces in less than a second ...
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Vorg wrote: »

Sadly it's true. Restarted and it rained metal and ore again. And I already had hoped to play Raiders of the Lost Ark, digging out all kind of pinged things underwater with my treasure scanning equipment.

Already imagined my Scanner AI telling me "Captain my scan has revealed a large mass of plasteel buried nearby. I'll mark it on the map and send it to your hud. Please be careful as my sensors have detected an extrem large organic mass nearby with incredible speed. I would suggest to equip your seamoth with all protection available."

So I do as suggested, go there and dig in the sand, revealing some strange sub fragments buried in the sands and a pda. I open it and it tells me "Day 23 - We have followed the strange signal without knowing what to find and are now doomed. If this cyclops could only drive faster or had tilt and roll. This fanged devil will soon get us ... To anyone reading this, be aware of the hot caverns in the deep. There seems to be an incredible large ... aaaarrrghh"

Phew, I think and turn around to face it. Instinctively I activate my remote control, send the seamoth away and play dead man while I can see this brutal giant crunch the seamoth to pieces in less than a second ...

you kind sir, have a very vibrant imagination :smiley: Maybe you could try to make a story just like Bugzapper does right now, im sure it could be at least as good :)