Melons!

JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
I found me some Melons and Vegetables lol
The melons are 22/14
and the Vegetables can be replanted but not the melons.
I have pics to link but there not in the same place as they use to be lol

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    yup i confirm that i can plant vegetable plants but not melons as it is (build 28586). It'll probly come soon tho
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    But you CAN destroy the melon with your knife. I just found out, you will get 4 melon seeds that you can plant in the planter. Then more melons will grow. :-)
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Dinkelsen wrote: »
    But you CAN destroy the melon with your knife. I just found out, you will get 4 melon seeds that you can plant in the planter. Then more melons will grow. :-)

OOOO I got to try this....I think I didn't eat all them in a Melon filled craze on my Tropical Island =D
    Jacara wrote: »

OOOO I got to try this....I think I didn't eat all them in a Melon filled craze on my Tropical Island =D

I had a problem with this in my rather old main savegame. The melons could not be attacked, would not be destroyed and no melon seeds were given. But since the base is still in its shiny version and not rusted in this game I guess its simply an older version of this object which does not have this functionality. A quick ITEM MELONSEED in the debug console solved the problem. The melon that grew from this seed could be attacked and yielded seeds, though.

Now all we need is a few recipes to cook delicious meals with our new ingredients.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Now all we need is a few recipes to cook delicious meals with our new ingredients.

That's probably the next step
    I have been thinking, since we have fruits now with - I hope - fructose in them, we could maybe make fruit juice, like HangingFruitJuice(TM) or even more maybe with the help of special high-tech equipment we could create, like... liquor? Melon Schnapps anyone?

The purple vegetable also looks a little like a potato. I am sure it is good for eating and tastes delishious, but... now what was vodka made of?
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213214Members

That's probably the next step

I've been wanting to do a seaweed salad for a while
  • deseizdeseiz belgium Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212437Members
    First i was getting sick from eating nonstop fish, now im getting sick of eating nonstop purple potato thingies ...
    Hmm maybe i should boil some gasopod fat and make alien potato chips ... with spicey crash sauce?