Magnetite in the underwater island

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
I read on the wiki that you can find magnetite also nearby the underwater islands is this true?

Comments

• VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    I found mine on the sides of the mountain island ... very near the surface. I never found any on the islands but I didn't go really deep there.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Vexare wrote: »
    I found mine on the sides of the mountain island ... very near the surface. I never found any on the islands but I didn't go really deep there.

If you embark onto the land of the Mountain Island, there is a cave you can enter that leads down to that same underwater cave.

You're also safe from the Reaper Leviathan in there.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    It didn't help when the appearance of magnetite changed during one of the updates.
    Must have passed over a whole bunch of the stuff, thinking it was a marine organism of some kind.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    Vexare wrote: »

If you embark onto the land of the Mountain Island, there is a cave you can enter that leads down to that same underwater cave.

You're also safe from the Reaper Leviathan in there.

Ah good to know the inner cave areas are safe. The Reaper's constant roaring is quite unnerving but I kept getting my courage up to go back there until I finally found enough magnetite to build my compass and geo-thermal generators! It was worth the fear factor haha.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited January 2016
    You can also find Magnetite at roughly 100m deep, north of the starting area on the cliffs just before the Mushroom forest. theres easily 20ish between 100-175m. it requires a bit of searching and id suggest a seamoth since theres schools of biters nearby tho, or bring a good knife :p

But you can definitely get 1 there easy for a quick compass earlygame without even a seamoth if youre carefull. bring an extra battery for your Seaglide tho. youll need it for the trip back (how would you find North without a compass you ask! the ship's nose points you the way :D)