Perimetral defenses on seamoth

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
Excuse me, how do i activate the perimetral defenses on my seamoth?

I thought i should just hit the left mouse buttom to activate them, but when i did i got out of the seamoth!

Immagine if I was in company of a stalker or a reaper!

Please help

Comments

• SporkWitchSporkWitch Rochester, NY, USA Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211254Members
    edited January 2016
    Notice how the upgrades show up in the equivalent of hotbar slots. Each slot on the upgrade panel corresponds to one of the four slots on the hotbar. None are selected by default, you have to hit the hotbar button that corresponds to the module you want to activate (it will get a highlight), THEN you can left-click to activate the module.

Reason for this is because there are multiple active modules: sonar, torpedo, and perimeter defense. Note that sonar and perimeter defense drain your power cell (1 unit for sonar, not sure how many for perimeter defense, but I think it's supposed to be pretty significant). I don't know if the torpedo uses power, but I would assume not, since it uses a consumable.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    I wasn't sure how the defense system worked either. I finally decided I needed to test it out on a Reaper for the Fear Factor challenge!

I had the button highlighted (blue) for "On" and cruised around until ol' butt chin finally showed up to play. I've never actually taunted him into attacking me so this took some deep breaths and playing chicken with my little Seamoth. Well even though I was mentally prepared for his attack, it still startled me pretty bad (I didn't realize he literally shakes you around like a toy!!) and I was hitting the hotkey over and over ... wondering why he wouldn't let go!

Panic button. I didn't realize you have to 'fire' it with a left mouse click. Haha! :open_mouth:

So in summary - I survived the Reaper attack, my poor Seamoth took 50-60% damage and I never fired off the defense system at all in my panic. Funny survivor story.
  • SporkWitchSporkWitch Rochester, NY, USA Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211254Members
    Vexare wrote: »
    I wasn't sure how the defense system worked either. I finally decided I needed to test it out on a Reaper for the Fear Factor challenge!

I had the button highlighted (blue) for "On" and cruised around until ol' butt chin finally showed up to play. I've never actually taunted him into attacking me so this took some deep breaths and playing chicken with my little Seamoth. Well even though I was mentally prepared for his attack, it still startled me pretty bad (I didn't realize he literally shakes you around like a toy!!) and I was hitting the hotkey over and over ... wondering why he wouldn't let go!

Panic button. I didn't realize you have to 'fire' it with a left mouse click. Haha! :open_mouth:

So in summary - I survived the Reaper attack, my poor Seamoth took 50-60% damage and I never fired off the defense system at all in my panic. Funny survivor story.

Fun fact: the Cyclops' horn (left click while driving it) is apparently a Reaper mating call; drives them into a frenzy (haven't seen this myself, but saw someone else post about it lol).
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    SporkWitch wrote: »
    Fun fact: the Cyclops' horn (left click while driving it) is apparently a Reaper mating call; drives them into a frenzy (haven't seen this myself, but saw someone else post about it lol).

Actually, it's the Reefback mating call
    SporkWitch wrote: »

Actually, it's the Reefback mating call

Thanks for the correction :)