Crashes in the safe shallows geyser.

AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
hey guys just wondering, are there any crashes in the active safe shallows geyser vent?

I mean the exploding fishes...i'm planning about making a base in there.

Comments

• VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    edited January 2016
    Yes ... there's a tunnel / cave system down in there. I was just thinking of what a great challenge that would be - to figure out a way to build a base down in there and place a geo-thermal energy generator! *edit: yes to crashes down there - go explore and see!
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    I meant nearby the entrance to the geyser.

There is a kind of inner "balcony" in it it where i'd position my base, and expanding it by building trough the rocks
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    You can safely swim down into the vent, even when it's expelling heat / debris. Currently at least. That may change in the future if they make the heat actually hot enough to do damage. I think 32-24 Celsius is about the hottest I've seen it get in there with my handy thermometer tool but I also have not gone all the way to the bottom of it. The tunnels shoot off to the sides halfway down I think.

There aren't any crashes on those balconies you mentioned. It's a pretty tight fit but you could use terraformer to enlarge it I'm sure.
  • AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    Thank you for telling me :)