New Feature Suggestions. [RLS - Random Loot Spawn]

PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
Hi Brave Divers from Subnautica!

I have 79 hours (and increasing) in this amazing game.
I would say that around 30 hours was playing it in survival, 20 in Creative and the rest in Hardcore.
In fact i can only play the game in Hardcore now. It is a good challenge.

Since the game has no options to setup a game (even though you can chose modes: Creative, Freedom, Survival and Hardcore.) I do have hopes that in a near future that this modes can be expanded, so that you can chose your favorite settings.

My first suggestion for a feature in the "create a new game" options menu is RLS: Random Loot Spawn.
Basically is a Loot respawn, but with a randomizer. The concept is a bit complex to explain, but ill try my best to demonstrate:
I am not really an artist... but here goes nothing.

First i want you to see my beautiful and amature drawing, what you see are 10 nodes that represent all Stones that the player can interact and get loot from it (limestones, basalt stones...)
In this picture you literally see the Max Number of Nodes or all of the stones available in 1 biome.
You probably noticed something odd: Why numbering the nodes from 1-10? Thats their ID number, and basically it will make the randomizer to take action.
z91qsqq2ddau.png

In this next image i randomly painted a few nodes, pretty much like you see, there are the active nodes and the Inactive Nodes. The difference between these 2 nodes, is simple really.
Active Nodes - Are nodes that are available to the player, that can be interacted and will provide loot.
Inactive Nodes - Are Nodes that aren't available for the player, cannot be interacted, [or they wouldn't give loot]. In fact they could be either hidden in the map (My personal opinion) [or they could be shown in the map but would not provide any loot whatsoever.]

1st day in game:
j9rd4ps33b3a.png

The next picture is when the randomizer would kick in. When you configured the loot respawn for an X number of days, when the game reached the "X Day" the randomizer would actively randomize the Max Active Nodes and the active node's ID Numbers.

For example:
- The previous picture could be your 1st day in game, where the active nodes are those with the ID number: 1, 9 and 10 that would give loot and the rest would be unavailable [or wouldn't have any loot].
- After the X number of days the randomizer would be activated (Changing the Max Active Nodes and the active node's ID numbers.)
Seeing a picture is better to clear out doubts:

After X days in game it would look like this:
7m4ge1i9i2ho.png
+Basically this could go forever, randomly activating nodes by their ID Number. It would give the random aspect that the game needs and at the same time it would give a "natural loot limit" available in a biome for the player, forcing the player to be more active and let him explore the other biomes for loot.

Thanks everyone for their time.
Please give a feedback,
- Any doubts ask
- If you support this feature or not.

Good Diving!

1.png 11.2K
2.png 11.8K
3.png 11.8K