Water Park vs Ladders

JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
So i've been building a multi-level base and I found that putting a room tower in the center of the complex (stacked 10 high so far) and putting a Water Park in it running from top to bottom, with labels on each floor and a hatch on each floor, is faster and easier to use than ladders.
So my question is are ladders going to get improved?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Wait you have to put hatches on the Water Parks?
    Well fuck me that's why I couldn't do anything with it.

Also I'm hoping we get some kind of spiral stairs that can wrap up and around the Water Parks.
    Like have it go from one Ladder node, around and up to the next, clockwise or counterclockwise.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Wait, how exactly would you improve ladder? It is... ladder :D and aren't there going to be animations for ladders? (means slower ladders then now)
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    edited January 2016
    ShuryCZ wrote: »
    Wait, how exactly would you improve ladder? It is... ladder :D and aren't there going to be animations for ladders? (means slower ladders then now)

The main issue is right now is if you try to stack one ladder on top of another, it becomes a pain to get to the right floors as where you click doesn't always read the correct up or down.
    I love the idea of a spiral staircase =D
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I see your point.
    I sort of wonder how they want to make us open hatches (in theory flooding water in) since almost nothing in SN is double compartment.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Oh, you guys have a point with the ladders, I see it now. I don't use them that much after all (weird, I know) And the spiral staircase seems really like a good solution.
  • DokujakaDokujaka Sweden Join Date: 2015-01-20 Member: 200954Members
    Or an elevator. That'd be neat. Should probably be outside the room so you can still move around inside if you have a water park.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Weren't the devs working on placing ladders anywhere in the room?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members

You can now place ladders at the sides of the rooms in addition to the centre, if that's what you mean?
    edited January 2016

Yeah they can now be placed on any of the panels. The main issue is how they connect to each other and the mechanism of going up and down isn't the best as it is very easy to misclick and end up where you started.

The other issue is with the water park in the room it is really hard to get around the ladders as there is little room. I'd like to see the ladders on the walls when placed on the outer part of a room.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    I would not mind a simple ramp/stairs that takes up with width of say a window so you can easily move from floor to floor they would be handy in any room actually not just ones with the park in them.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    The other issue is with the water park in the room it is really hard to get around the ladders as there is little room. I'd like to see the ladders on the walls when placed on the outer part of a room.

I agree on this one as well. I think the overall room size needs to be a tad wider now that the new large aquariums are taking up most of that space. I get hung up on ladders and steps going to passageways quite often. I'm sure this is a work in progress since the tanks are a new thing in Experimental.

I don't usually have too much problem navigating ladders but I don't have more than one or two connected anywhere in my base yet. I stopped stacking the large tanks because of the issue of the bottom now appearing in each one causing me to get stuck on them, graphical glitch and fish swimming through each one but not me. Someone reported that bug so I'm sure it's being worked on as well. Ah the fun of experimental!

• TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    iv now started to do this as well so much more enjoyable to use for vertical transit than those clunky bloody ladders.

Vexare wrote: »
    Jacara wrote: »

I agree on this one as well. I think the overall room size needs to be a tad wider now that the new large aquariums are taking up most of that space. I get hung up on ladders and steps going to passageways quite often. I'm sure this is a work in progress since the tanks are a new thing in Experimental.

I don't usually have too much problem navigating ladders but I don't have more than one or two connected anywhere in my base yet. I stopped stacking the large tanks because of the issue of the bottom now appearing in each one causing me to get stuck on them, graphical glitch and fish swimming through each one but not me. Someone reported that bug so I'm sure it's being worked on as well. Ah the fun of experimental!

I think they tried to fix the graphical bug of the second floor room being visible from the first without a tank on the second.