Can we fix the escape pod?

EldeberonEldeberon USA Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208204Members
This is completely not important at all, but I have to admit it does bother me that the escape pod is broken. When i first started playing I assumed that if I made the wielder I would be able to fix the pod and stop the sparking. I was very sad to discover this was not the case.

It would be even more interesting if the broken part in the pod is important to fix like if it were the computer. Until you fix it, you can't hear that nice friendly voice warning that you're about to die from suffocation or that the Aurora is about to blow. Of course if that were the case, making a wielder needs to be easier, or perhaps provided in the title storage case (though it could have a limited charge if it is important for it to not be available in the early game, but I can't see why.)

Granted maybe it is important to have the computer right from the start, but if not the computer it could be the distress signal, a water purifier (that requires salt), or even the homing pulse beckon.

Also could the pod be cannibalized to build your first base? Or better yet added on, wielded to the top of a room to provide a top escape hatch to the surface?

Comments