The True Value Of Leap

FossaFossa Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6931Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Its literally the most valuable weapon</div> Last game on eclipse I tested something. Sitting with total cloak I waited for a marine to wonder by. Fresh HA just out of the base. Walked past me and I pounce from the wall at a distance of about 1m. Hit him and sat on his head. He died in about 1 second from the pounce. The trick is to wait for it and use it when you can get a direct hit and stay on them. Damage is based on how long you are pressed against them so a direct hit to the back of a big bulky ha is neither hard to do nor is it possible for them to survive it. Kills faster than anything short of a primal scream onos. and requires only 2 hives and no additional resources. Best and most underused weapon we have.

Comments

• SinSpawnSinSpawn Harbinger of Suffering Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8359Members
    huh on the autohelp system it says leap only does liek 22 damage? how is this done?
  • Ph0enixPh0enix Join Date: 2002-10-08 Member: 1462Members, Constellation
    edited November 2002
    It's similar to a Onos charge attack in that it damages per 'collision' (in HL game engine terms) with something. So it will do 22 damage per collision.

When you hit the HA and slide down their back, your continually dealing damage to them.

However......I didn't think it could kill a HA in just one leap, seems a bit OTT. I suspect the HA may have already been wounded/low armour. You have no way of knowing he was 'fresh' simply beacuse he came out of the marine base Fossa.
  • ZerglingZergling Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9977Members
    has anyone tried this on buildings? it seems like it could be an exploit...
  • Markeo900Markeo900 Join Date: 2002-11-17 Member: 9041Members
    Erm no its not an exploit, it work the same as Onos charge, hit it once and try and wack stright into them.

Of course you'll never know if it actually working the way its suggested above, all you get is either a dead marine or a dead skulk.

I have killed ppl before just by hitting leap once through, on 2 or 3 occasions. It obviously does something like its says above unless all 3 were by chance very badly wounded...

Happy hunting