saving

solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
hey guys.

just wondering, when I hit escape, I can save & quit, but I cant just save. its greyed out.
This is the same with normal steam version and experimental version. No difference whatsoever.

Could someone please help me, so I can just save without exiting every time?

Comments

• LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Hey dude, unfortunately i have no idea how to fix this, but you should give ingame feedback about that with a screenshot and maybe give them your email so they can respond to you and you can post this in the bugforum aswell.
  • JoolJool Join Date: 2015-04-26 Member: 203846Members
    What gamemode are you playing? I'm pretty sure hardcore doesn't let you save until you exit, because saving mid-game is pointless with permadeath.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    It seems hardcore related. I just tried the mode.
    Tbh its NOT pointless to still have a normal save capability.

I mean, dead is still dead right?
    If they think having options to save beats the point, then id say remove the corresponding safes if you die. But still allow saves on any time.
  • solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
    yes im playing hard core.. ok so that's the problem.. thanks for the info.

Yeah I guess it doesn't make sense to not have saves.
    Whenever I die, the game deletes all my saves. So I wonder why it couldn't do that with normal saves?
    im sure theres a good reason that the devs know about, that we don't...
    Its all good

thanks again!