Rotate location entities

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
It seems the "rotation" field of location entities is completely ignored. This is fine for most maps, but it's making things very difficult for me with the next release of ns2_temple. I've got a lot of 45-degree walls, and currently the only way to deal with this is to break locations up into thin slices -- many of which have to be REALLY REALLY thin to prevent them from spilling over into the next area.

Could we please have this functionality back? (That is, I'm like 90% sure that this has been in the game before...)

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's never been able to do that, I don't know why. It's a PITA but the only way to do that is with thin boxes
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    It's never been able to do that, I don't know why. It's a PITA but the only way to do that is with thin boxes

Well then it either needs to be added in, or the editor needs to have the "rotate" option removed.

EDIT: And really... it wouldn't be THAT hard to implement, would it?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Never heard it was possible at some point, in the editor.
    Rotating in the editor doesn't mean it will actually be processed properly in the game.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Rotating in the editor doesn't mean it will actually be processed properly in the game.

That's what I'm saying: either make it work in game, or make it not work in the editor.

Could have sworn that worked way back when I was doing ns2_hotdogs though...
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2015
    Works for me, thought it didn''t but it does
    sjfTNdZ.png1i5XkAN.jpgsE5mlKC.jpg
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Works for me, thought it didn''t but it does
    sjfTNdZ.png1i5XkAN.jpgsE5mlKC.jpg

I just tested it in temple. The scale works, but the rotation is always reset to 0. Go into commander view and look at it when it's socketed. All I did to test it was put a power node in a location entity rotated 45 degrees, and look at it in the comm chair. It *looks* off, but it would seem your test is more practical, less visual... so it could be that it's just the visuals getting messed up. :/
    I would bet that is the case
    edited March 2015
    AHAHA!!! Score 1 for Beige! And Samus who fixed it... :)