Crashing launching or playing Subnautica? -- READ ME FIRST! --

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
Hey guys!

Subnautica is currently in Early Access and as such you may from time to time encounter bugs and in the worst case, crashes.

We have a comprehensive Troubleshooting Guide here:

iXSYPkA.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=448862051

Please follow the Entire Thing and if you're still having issues, please reffer to the 'Log files' section and send us your log files.

Thanks!

Comments

• jezuzsverigejezuzsverige sweden Join Date: 2015-03-12 Member: 202047Members
  • ToBadForYouToBadForYou Sweden Join Date: 2015-03-17 Member: 202248Members
    Wow, only one crash report? Either I'm very unlucky or people are just lazy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d10qhlqrvwa7slt/2015-03-17_104058.rar
  • Aw3s0m3_K1W1Aw3s0m3_K1W1 Canada Join Date: 2015-03-22 Member: 202427Members
  • dahoobdahoob usa Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202469Members
    Do you care about the data from the crash report folders?
    Here is dxdiag and output_log
    http://pastebin.com/bu4NwKJy
  • Ranger375Ranger375 USA Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202485Members
    http://puu.sh/gMumY/a023fcc251.rar

Crash folders, DXDiag for my system, and output log.
  • StilenorStilenor Australia Join Date: 2015-03-25 Member: 202558Members
    Tried using pastebin, but the output_log.txt file was too large.
    Zipped it works much better and is attached.
  • LoneWolf10LoneWolf10 England Join Date: 2015-03-26 Member: 202584Members
    Never used pastebin sorry, I mostly use google drive for most things. The link below should be open to view to anyone, let me know if you can't see it. I have uploaded the DXDiag and the output log plus I have put in a zip file with 19 crash logs in. Got 81 hours of play log on steam.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzLQBcMeWgWOfm9SbGlQRUxXelNmdVJBM2lBdnEwclJCcXpPbEgtWmM4elgySk9GNFV4bW8&usp=sharing
  • carter747carter747 US Join Date: 2015-03-29 Member: 202689Members
    output_log
    pastebin.com/5htLtifj

dxdiag
    pastebin.com/8DGdYdeX

I also have 3 dated folders that were created when I crashed. They each contain crash.dmp, error.log and report.ini

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    carter747 wrote: »
    output_log
    pastebin.com/5htLtifj

dxdiag
    pastebin.com/8DGdYdeX

I also have 3 dated folders that were created when I crashed. They each contain crash.dmp, error.log and report.ini

we need to see output_log.txt
  • Paradox2018Paradox2018 Lower Burrell US Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202813Members
    I have been crashing and unable to play, only got in 1 time and only for a short amount of time, really annoyed I can't play

DxDiag
    http://pastebin.com/8tVFcyiA

output_log
    http://pastebin.com/Rq2kXJsc
  • DreadlordDreadlord Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202815Members
    Hi Guys..

I have multiple crashes that occurs after playing for some time (1-2 hours. By the way autosave would be a good thing as I several times have lost a lot of progress....

As I said all the crashes seems to occur after a specific time of playing. Makes me think it's something of a memory leak..

Please find all my crash reports attached in the following zip:
    http://sathroz.net/subnautica/crashfiles.zip

Dxdiag

PS! I upgraded my RAM before the last 2 crashes as I though It could be because of low ram,
    but still crashed. That is why you will see a lot more available ram on the last 2 crashes.

Hope this will help you nail this problem, oh and did I say that autosave is a nice feature? :)

• chillchill Australia Join Date: 2015-04-01 Member: 202827Members
  • DSoSDSoS Texas Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202786Members
    Crash log attached.

Got the Cyclops stuck in between two sand bars or something. Trying to get it unstuck moving forwards/backwards and side to side, but couldn't move it at all, and Subnautica decides to crash.

Please note that I sent this (with a tinyurl link) through the in-game bug report for whatever reason (I was stupidly tired), anyway, here it is just in case.
  • silentswindlersilentswindler Springfield, Mo Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203116Members
    After about an hour of bouncing back and forth, I finally found the proper place to submit my crashes and errors. Hooray!

Here is a link to the pastebin page with the dxdiag file, the output_log.txt file, and a message for the devs.

Hope this helps further the fixing and squishing of bugs.

pastebin.com/b9AW1XKL
  • AbeXAbeX Denmark Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203132Members
    Hello :)

Every 4-10 min. my game crash :(

here is my output_log http://pastebin.com/Tvsffjzj

The crash seems completely random and not in the same spot every time :(
  • AbeXAbeX Denmark Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203132Members
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, the next patch *should* help with a lot of your crashes, which are mostly due to Memory issues. If you want to try it out sooner, you can switch to the experimental branch of subnautica by selecting the 'experimental' version in the drop-down menu here:

HIZrgVs.jpg

Right click Subnautica on Steam, hit properties, select the Beta tab.

Please note - this is the current internal development version, so you might get oddness, weirdness, gameplay tests and other types of odd crashes. Worth trying though!
  • IrishninjahIrishninjah Broomfield Join Date: 2015-04-06 Member: 203031Members
    Awesome! I try the Experimental branch a few times a week. But usually load the stable again. After I do some testing (putting together a large report to post over the weekend.)

---Last time I played Experimental I was flooded with radiation and it kept killing me. So I had to back out.

---I would use the CMD console to do more testing, but no Fkeys work for me

Obraxis wrote: »
    Hey guys, the next patch *should* help with a lot of your crashes, which are mostly due to Memory issues. If you want to try it out sooner, you can switch to the experimental branch of subnautica by selecting the 'experimental' version in the drop-down menu here:

HIZrgVs.jpg

Right click Subnautica on Steam, hit properties, select the Beta tab.

Please note - this is the current internal development version, so you might get oddness, weirdness, gameplay tests and other types of odd crashes. Worth trying though!
  • DaViDoFfXPDaViDoFfXP German Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203146Members
    Crash Report 08.04.2015 dd.mm.jjjj (German)

http://pastebin.com/2q1cK0HH
  • TrullaTrulla Estonia Join Date: 2015-04-09 Member: 203181Members
    Crash report EDB 15170 Mar-15

Output log
    http://pastebin.com/CCP70b9Q

DxDiag
    http://pastebin.com/VvjwfcA7

Crash folder 2015-04-08_012716

Output log
    part 1 http://pastebin.com/8ipsKi0D
    part2 http://pastebin.com/6cuLMAfA
  • TheBrainMuncherTheBrainMuncher London Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203339Members
    edited April 2015
    https://www.mediafire.com/?kupcx8bs6pjibqy

crashes after 10 minutes of playing. rather annoying.
    also, great game :)

After I posted this, it stopped crashing. yay!
  • skubaskuba Pennsylvania Join Date: 2015-04-17 Member: 203538Members
    Hey so i played the game fine for 3 hours and had a lot of fun. :) then the game said "it was about to run out of memory and i should save and exit before that happens." Fine, no problem, i did. Now when i open Subnautica the game crashes before the menu even loads completely...

MY COMP
    System Information
    Time of this report: 1/24/2013, 21:45:40
    Machine name: ZACH-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: M14xR1
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.0 A08
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
    Page File: 3047MB used, 13230MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Oh yeah and here is the output log

Initialize engine version: 4.6.3f1 (4753d8b6ef2b)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M (ID=0x124d)
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 3034 MB
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\FMODWrapper.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\FMODWrapper.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\RootMotion.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\RootMotion.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\protobuf-net.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\protobuf-net.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.079 seconds
    desktop: 1600x900 40Hz; virtual: 1600x900 at 0,0
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Mobile/Specular IBL' - Pass 'FORWARD' shader state not supported
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Mobile/Self-Illumin/Specular IBL' - Pass 'FORWARD' shader state not supported
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Marmoset/Mobile/Self-Illumin/Bumped Specular IBL' - Pass 'FORWARD' shader state not supported
    Steamworks: Initialised and ready for use.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Main Menu: Saved game dir... SNAppData\SavedGames

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Main Menu: There is a save game available, showing continue button.

changeset 16296, QualityLevel = 0

OK Running Win64

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
    Steamworks: Received stats and achievements from Steam

• AklidienAklidien California, USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203117Members
    Maybe try re-installing the game, Skuba? That will most likely help your crashes, in the meantime before the devs are able to fix the bug you encountered.
  • Zlayer19Zlayer19 Lidköping Join Date: 2015-04-24 Member: 203783Members
  • Shadow7889Shadow7889 Portage, IN Join Date: 2015-05-05 Member: 204207Members
    Alright, so i've had some issues with Subnautica even loading the game. I've sent an email to the Dev Team with my Output log as asked, a few days ago. Without reply, I'm turning here as recommended by another steam user. I have yet to be able to play the game, and it's rather bothersome, as I'm very excited to do so. So again, I'll post my output log, in hopes that I'll get a reply. Thank you!

http://pastebin.com/ttL6iuQp

• L_SquaredL_Squared Maine Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204217Members
    edited May 2015
    I just bought the game and every time i play it crashes.Can be 5 minutes or 15 minutes but eventually it just locks up and i have to hard reset the pc.Only happens with this game. Wouldn't be so bad if it was just the game crashing and not locking up my system.

It's not temps,i keep it monitored.

i7-4790k Gtx 970

pastebin.com/WhU5kdMn

Tried playing again after uninstalling and reinstalling and it did the same thing.Just randomly hard locks my computer.

pastebin.com/SBFytEcW
  • DR.PeanuTDR.PeanuT Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205099Members
    My game chrashes when i hit New game & survival. It loads for some seconds, then the music turns of and a log comes up saying that my game has chrashed

outputlog :  Initialize engine version: 5.0.2f1 (0b02744d4013)
    Forcing GfxDevice: 1
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
        Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 9.18.13.2635]
        Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)
        Vendor:   NVIDIA
        VRAM:     2993 MB (via DXGI)
        Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\Poly2Tri.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\FMODWrapper.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\FMODWrapper.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\iTween.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LibNoise.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LitJson.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\LumenWorks.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\RootMotion.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\RootMotion.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\protobuf-net.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica_Data\Managed\protobuf-net.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in  0.167 seconds
    desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
    <RI> Initializing input.