IS the Seaglide battery powered?

VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
There is NOTHING that tells you this ingame, gliding around and the glide 'breaks' or shuts down randomly leaves anyone puzzled seeing as there is no power bar or meter to indicate that it wasn't a bug of it graphically and audioally breaking.

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Id say its a bug, re equipping it gives me the bonus speed again

There are no ways to recharge battery life so the devs gave the equipment infinite energy
  • VahnkiljoyVahnkiljoy Texas Join Date: 2015-01-11 Member: 200765Members
    I figured as much as well, and yea I still get the speed boost from it regardless of its state, was just curious because someone in a steam board thread mentioned it being battery powered. Which I found just odd.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    The seaglide will require batteries, but we haven't hooked up the whole energy structure for stuff yet. As Seldkam says, without batteries implemented yet, the seaglide could not be recharged, which was very annoying, so we removed that requirement temporarily, but it left it in kind of a weird in between state where it still shuts down sometimes. Though that might be a bug unrelated to the energy, we need to look into it further. It is annoying, but there are more annoying things then that in the game currently, as well as lots of very cool things we are working on adding to the game, so it may still be a little while before we are able to address the Seaglide issue.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Speaking of things being added, I saw the cyclops in the to do list on trello.... ;3
  • AerofluxAeroflux GA, USA Join Date: 2014-12-22 Member: 200206Members
    With constructor bots as well...the future looks bright. :sunglasses:
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited January 2015
    EDIT: Nvm disregard this post.
  • KaiserfrontKaiserfront Germany Join Date: 2015-01-21 Member: 200978Members
    In a video on Youtube someone said you can change the battery by pressing "r". It worked for me after the Seaglide stopped.