Will this be Random (starting)?

MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
Hi.

Hmmm, I just started a new game, and I spawned right over my buddies (stalkers). Will this be random with each start of a new game or will this be static?

Comments

• CastleCastle New York Join Date: 2014-09-08 Member: 198307Members, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer
    Yeah, we have random starts in place now but it will need to be tweaked. If you are spawning over a location where you are instantly attacked I would say to treat it like a bug.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Yeah having Stalkers nearby when you spawn seems like it could be OK to me, but right now the Stalkers are chasing you endlessly, which is the real problem IMO.
  • MycroftCanadaNSMycroftCanadaNS Halifax Join Date: 2014-11-01 Member: 199263Members
    edited December 2014
    Flayra wrote: »
    Yeah having Stalkers nearby when you spawn seems like it could be OK to me, but right now the Stalkers are chasing you endlessly, which is the real problem IMO.

To be honest I don't find it all that of a problem. The stalkers are a bit aggressive at night but they are very easy to out maneuver, and defend against.

It's all about how one handles the given situation. When I first spawn in a new game, and if it's over the kelp field I adjust my tactics as to how I will approach my resource gathering. I also use the tubes quite allot to hide when I need too since the Stalkers cannot enter them any way so it's not that much of a problem.

Besides, I always play the game at night since I enjoy the challenge, and that is when I do all of my exploring after I gather enough materials to sustain me (water & cooked peeper).

I'm also looking forward to the other creatures you have yet to include like the Rock Crusher, the Bleeder, the Mesmer, and all of the other things that can turn a great day into a nightmare.

Random spawns are great, and I'm enjoying it.