Game crashes ruining competitive ns2

tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
I'm sure the CDT are aware of this, but just incase your not - in probably every single gather and every single scrim match since the last build, at least 2 people crash during the game. Last night the gather was paused twice and a scrim after was paused 5 times due to different people red plugging. It really is quite bad!

Comments

• ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    edited August 2014
    I think it might be a wide spread issue? A lot of pub servers have been doing the red plug disconnect for me too. Checking the servers after it happens and they become empty, so I'm assuming it happened to everyone else on the server.

I've also noticed a lot more rubber banding and tick rate drops, but that might be another issue.
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I haven't occurred the issue on public yet, I know a lot of people can no longer alt tab without crashing but on competitive it is like Russian roulette. It only effects one person as a time and there seems to be no pattern.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    We have fixed a number of issues to do with crashing in 268, however the issue stated with the 'red plug' seems to mostly come from playing compmod. This particular issue doesn't seem to be affecting Public play, which means NS2+ is probably also OK.

268 is close to being finished, it'll be worth trying that ASAP WITHOUT compmod and seeing if you have the same issue.

If the issue is with Compmod, their authors will need to address this themselves.